Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

X-Plane 11 it's out!!!

37 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Wow, what do you know...someone, just had to have a problem with that statement.  I guess not everyone is familiar with strange expressions from the US.

"Rotten In Denmark" = Something is strange, amiss, not right, f'ed up, screwed up....

Come on Jimm. Didn't you see his smiley faces?  I think he might be from Denmark and jokingly replied. Let's not start an unnecessary argument over a joke, please.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

38 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Wow, what do you know...someone, just had to have a problem with that statement.  I guess not everyone is familiar with strange expressions from the US.

"Rotten In Denmark" = Something is strange, amiss, not right, f'ed up, screwed up....

Haha! I know the statement ... but thanks for explaining, anyway... :happy:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I've spent the last 45 or so minutes perusing the X-Plane forums and I've decided to take the leap. Not much money and possibly something to gain. If nothing else, it will be a cheap way to learn a new sim.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I've spent the last 45 or so minutes perusing the X-Plane forums and I've decided to take the leap. Not much money and possibly something to gain. If nothing else, it will be a cheap way to learn a new sim.

Welcome to the other side...

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

Come on Jimm. Didn't you see his smiley faces?  I think he might be from Denmark and jokingly replied. Let's not start an unnecessary argument over a joke, please.

Uh, whatever gave you the indication that I didn't know it was a joke?  I can crack'em with the best of them, but you see, this is the internet, where everyone is perpetually offended, 24/7 and as such, how can we really tell if people are happy, crazy, joking, angered, offended, etc?  Oh yeah, I forgot, the rather limited selection of emoticons...I really miss the old ones, to be honest.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1 hour ago, Jimm said:

Agreed.  I never saw the point of getting the Steam version, when it was perfectly simple to get it from LR.  From what i have read, updates flow through the quickest for those who downloaded XP11 from LR directly, though i cannot confirm if non beta releases would come as quickly for Steam.

To clarify, anyone buying XP11 from any retail outlet other than Steam can opt in to the beta versions. 

These aren't "updates," they're beta tests like we've been doing here with pre-XP11 betas. Sometimes they're pretty solid and a good way to preview new stuff. Sometimes they're buggy, or break things that were working. What's different about post-1.0 release is that you'll always have the option in the Installer to roll back to the official current release number, if a beta is too buggy.

If you buy on Steam, you only get the official releases and no access to the beta tests. The only advantage with Steam, as noted above, is you can sometimes get it on sale.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

16 minutes ago, Jimm said:

, where everyone is perpetually offended, 24/7 and as such, how can we really tell if people are happy, crazy, joking, angered, offended, etc?  

I think you mean the world...people need to lighten up!

there I go off topic - anyway I'm excited for new features and planes we'll see along the way.  I sent LR some info/pics of the new cirrus jet and replied back and forth with Austin a few times - the jet will get some better avionics eventually!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think you mean the world...people need to lighten up!

there I go off topic - anyway I'm excited for new features and planes we'll see along the way.  I sent LR some info/pics of the new cirrus jet and replied back and forth with Austin a few times - the jet will get some better avionics eventually!

Good to hear Ryan.  Last weekend I took that bird out for a spin (hadn't used it since Beta 1 or 2) and found it to be a very impressive aircraft, with the exception that it was extremely limited on function.  I look forward to a more robust and functional version of this as well as all the rest of the fleet.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Oh no!!  .... another lamb to the slaughter? :blink:  I seem to recall doing the same thing a few weeks ago Rick ... and I can't leave the damn thing alone now!  :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Oh no!!  .... another lamb to the slaughter? :blink:  I seem to recall doing the same thing a few weeks ago Rick ... and I can't leave the damn thing alone now!  :biggrin:

There you go Dave 

Rich Sennett

39 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

There you go Dave 

Got it in one Rich!  This thing is so addictive that it should carry a health warning .... "Can cause severe satisfaction and happiness". 

'Start, Fly, Enjoy'.  LR should put that on the label.   

• Upvote 2

Had a pleasant flight between two of local airports today.  Performance is great -- I noticed little if any hitching during my flight -- and the 172 operates more sensible.  It now stays put when you release the brake and it no longer climbs out like a rocket on take off, so it seems they tuned some things for the 1.0 release.

How's it doing regarding the weathervane for even slight winds on ground ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Not much change i'm afraid.

After brakes release all seems ok but when speed increases it weathervanes into the wind again, even with a slight 6 kt crosswind.

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

Big improvement if you ask me ! Is it perfect? no. Will it ever be? probably not. I setup a 5 knot, 10kt, 15kt cross-wind. With brakes on, no weathervane. Brakes released, very little. As you pick up speed it weathervanes. If you use rudder pedals it's perfectly manageable ! The 5kt is the unrealistic as you pick up speed. I will file a bug. It's probably a design limitation/hack, but it's better then before. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar