Hi

I have the PMDG 747 and using PFPX for my flight plans, I have set up the 747 as per the tutorial as to regards fuel reserves/Cost Index/ assumed temperature ,and so on, but my aircraft is not responding to my flight plan altitudesI.

have both LNav and Vnav on, Centre CMD on Anyone got any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Alan

Alan, welcome to the PMDG forums.  Please note the pinned forum rules and the requirement for full names on all posts.

As Kevin, no first name I guess, suggested we do not have enough information to help you.  "My aircraft is not responding to flight plan altitudes," tells us nothing except for some reason the aircraft is not doing what you expected.  Good place to start is the Tutorial, which is practically a requirement even for experience pilots if for no other reason than to become familiar with the product.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, aconstable said:

my aircraft is not responding to my flight plan altitudesI.

Kevin and Dan Downs are correct. We need more information. In the above quote are you writing about altitudes on your legs pages or altitude per the PFPX OPF?. Initial altitude and step climbs that you see on the legs pages in the CDU are tied to the optimum altitude of the airplane.  PFPX OFP initial altitudes and step climbs are tied to ... Ask PFPX at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/592-pfpx-professional-flight-planner-x/ which is their forum.

Do you export the plan from PFPX to the FMC?  Or do you manually enter everything?  I've never had this problem, but I manually enter the flight plan and data, it's so easy.  Takes like 3 minutes.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

depends on the distance of the flight:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Guys
Sorry regarding my original post requirements! Thanks for all of your feedback and advice!
I managed to fly both tutorials in the 777 and 747 without any problems,I have been using PFPX for several flights sucessfully, recently my altitudes as in my FMC per leg have not been responded too! what I mean is that say my first leg is 2000 second 3000 and third 4000A, the aircraft remains at 2000 when at the third leg.
I import my flightplan from PFPX which installs in my PMDG/Flightplans.I then drag and install it into my 747 folder.
I ll briefly explain my proceedures.
I select airport and runway that I designated in PFPX,select the flightplan in the FMC, load and execute it. I then go to Dep & Arr and input all the values and settings as per tutorial, eg rwy departure and corrisponding sid, arivall ils rwy and and star,then to INT REf enter all values as per tutorial, the thust and takeoff. se my trim at 4.5 the execute plan once again.
I dont think its a problem with PFPX as it loading all the altitudes per legs in the FMC along with the forcoming miles between the legs,its just that the aircraft is not responding to the altitudes in the fmc.
Lastly,my control settings are both FD's turned on,LNAV and VNAV selected,then select middle cmd whe airbourne.
I have recently upgraded my PR3D V3 to version 3.4.22.19868

BTW I did receive a message from the FMC saying it can not select the next altitude?   

Yes it was set at 10,00 by default, I normally change it to 30,800 my cruising altitude once I reach the 10,000

Thanks once again

Alan

Can you submit a pic of your FMA, your CDU and MCP when it's not climbing when you think it should.  

Ensure your not in VNAV ALT when you think it's supposed to climb as it won't.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

If there's anything you know about your planes situation it's the fma. ALWAYS know your fma!

Aidan Hutchison

Hi Gents

You will have to excuse me for a few days, I have been called away.I hope to be back on Monday 3rd

Thanks

Alan

2 hours ago, aconstable said:

Hi Gents

You will have to excuse me for a few days, I have been called away.I hope to be back on Monday 3rd

Thanks

Alan

When you get back Alan, set up your avsim preferences to post your full name for you.  Full names are required here.  Have you flown the tutorial?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 3/31/2017 at 1:43 PM, aconstable said:

Yes it was set at 10,00 by default, I normally change it to 30,800 my cruising altitude once I reach the 10,000

Thanks once again

Alan

FL308? 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

3 hours ago, Orlaam said:

FL308? 

Could be 380 or could be Meters. 30800 is about 9,500 Meters.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries