Sign in to follow this  
nexe

Changing Destination RWY

Hi guys, 

Didn't found information on this one. I am on p3d and "Forced pilot RWY" is checked. Flying VFR with filed FP with desired  destination RWY approach. Flight is going smooth, copying clearance, ground, ( if i ask for different departure RWY it would be approved), tower, center. On destination approach if the winds are in favour of opposite RWY the i have selected, approach would tell me to expect oposite RWY and hand me to tower. Calling tower, i am requesting my RWY,  request was understood,  but tower is still coming back to me with oposite RWY. I can repeat request few times and every time i got  same answer, sending me to oposite RWY. Tried this on fervdifferent airports with same results. What am i missing?

I tried different phrases, one was calsign, request full stop landing, rwy.

Also tried callsign, would like gull stop landing, rwy. I tried using SayIt as well. 

The request for landing should be made on initial contact with Tower, usually 10NM or more out.  For a standard VFR pattern, you can say:

<CallSign> is ten miles south for landing and you will get the airport active runway.  If you want a specific runway, change it to <CallSign> is ten miles south for landing Runway 2 7

There are many other variations in the Tower->Request->Approach section of SayIt. 

I did find a problem with requesting a Visual Straight-in, but it will be fixed in the next update.

Dave

OK did some flying. In flight plan approach has to be set on rwy that you want.  But sometime that approach is different than approach that you see pressing the approach button on Map. And atc will insist on that approach no mater what. (Map fuction button approach). Only way that i will get promision to land on my rwy is to make sure that my rwy is sellected by checking that map app button. In that case i don't even have to request my rwy it is all ready given to me.