Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

PA31T CHEYENNE II Released

Too bad they didn't integrate third party weather radar.  On the bright side, you can hide the copilot...just in case he's on the lamb.  Can't wait to read the reviews.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

16 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Too bad they didn't integrate third party weather radar.  On the bright side, you can hide the copilot...just in case he's on the lamb.  Can't wait to read the reviews.

I just replaced the Avidyne with Reality WX500. Hoping for better frame rate.

Hi Folks,

If they got flooded with tickets requesting the third party radar - maybe they would consider ??? LOL - at least they have to acknowledge tickets... I've opened at least three tickets on various aircraft to DROP the Avadyne and ADD Wx Radar...

Hmm - anyone know if the REX Radar has a frameless mode where you could just dump the screen on the Avadyne - have the Radar but never though to look for that...

Not too keen on the paint jobs I've seen...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, tommygavin2 said:

I just replaced the Avidyne with Reality WX500. Hoping for better frame rate.

Care to make a picture of what it looks like?  Framerates aren't good?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

7 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Framerates aren't good?

Frame rates and stutters in the VC are very bad for me in FSX with the stock GPS/Avidyne. Also have some incorrect behavior from the Percent RPM.

Mentioned these in the "Discrepency" thread. 

At this point the Cheyenne has been very disappointing for me.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

If they got flooded with tickets requesting the third party radar - maybe they would consider ??? LOL - at least they have to acknowledge tickets... I've opened at least three tickets on various aircraft to DROP the Avadyne and ADD Wx Radar...

Hmm - anyone know if the REX Radar has a frameless mode where you could just dump the screen on the Avadyne - have the Radar but never though to look for that...

Not too keen on the paint jobs I've seen...

Regards,
Scott

Tragically, Carenado has rarely done anything wilfully because the community flooded them with messages.  That Avidyne of theirs has been around, unchanged, for 5-6 years now.  Perhaps they'll consider something new on that basis.

If you don't like the paints either, you probably have zero reason to get this one, Scott.  I pulled up the texture sheets and I winced involuntarily.  I thought the Citation S/II was bad...

4 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Care to make a picture of what it looks like?  Framerates aren't good?

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_3

gauge00=EX500_PA31T!EX500_config,       0,  0,   1,  1
gauge01=rxpWX500!RDR,          55, 50, 350,279
/gauge02=EX500_PA31T!EX500_Update,       0,  0,   1,  1
gauge03=PA31TCAR!Toggle10120,     0,0,513,16

Also, in the RXPWX500.ini file add this:

[SETTINGS]
NoFrame=On
Wx500Popup=15500

1 hour ago, C525B said:

Tragically, Carenado has rarely done anything wilfully because the community flooded them with messages.  That Avidyne of theirs has been around, unchanged, for 5-6 years now.  Perhaps they'll consider something new on that basis.

If you don't like the paints either, you probably have zero reason to get this one, Scott.  I pulled up the texture sheets and I winced involuntarily.  I thought the Citation S/II was bad...

Hi Dave,

LOL - I so wanted this one to be good... I've got more time in the DA Cheyenne than any other plane in FS - ever... I see now the stutters may be localized and maybe Carenado will fix some of the reported issues... To be fair - when I've actually submitted trouble tickets on new products - in that small window before they move on to the next project in the pipe - they did fix the issues I reported... As coincidence would have it - on your namesake - initially the spoilers wouldn't deploy automatically when increasing flaps to ground flaps setting - as per the AFM... They did fix it after I put a ticket in if I recall correctly...

I've painted a bunch of planes - but yeah - Carenado painting can be an exercise in frustration... Just for the record - the DA Paint Kit is abysmal as well - tons of little unaligned 1024x1024 textures without any markings defining the mesh to sort through - hence the lack of paints for the plane...

I guess my hopes will fall to MilViz and their King Air for a good turbo-prop...

Thanks for addressing my concerns !

Regards,

Scott

Darn.... I was hoping it would be good too... since it's mostly steam, and they're usually decent at those kind of planes.  Back to XP11 hehe....  (until Flightbeam's KMSP is released)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

LOL - I so wanted this one to be good... I've got more time in the DA Cheyenne than any other plane in FS - ever... I see now the stutters may be localized and maybe Carenado will fix some of the reported issues... To be fair - when I've actually submitted trouble tickets on new products - in that small window before they move on to the next project in the pipe - they did fix the issues I reported... As coincidence would have it - on your namesake - initially the spoilers wouldn't deploy automatically when increasing flaps to ground flaps setting - as per the AFM... They did fix it after I put a ticket in if I recall correctly...

I've painted a bunch of planes - but yeah - Carenado painting can be an exercise in frustration... Just for the record - the DA Paint Kit is abysmal as well - tons of little unaligned 1024x1024 textures without any markings defining the mesh to sort through - hence the lack of paints for the plane...

Me too!  That DA Cheyenne...really takes me back.  To me, it was the most atmospheric add-on out there 10 years ago. I copied over the sound pack from the DA Cheyenne and made a few tweaks...the DA sound was--somehow still is--cutting edge.  (The only fault was that it didn't have enough low-frequency drone at high RPM, but I fixed that.)  After I had done all that, I took the Carenado Cheyenne out for its first serious flight which I just finished up a few minutes ago...Not gonna lie, it gave me a little tingle.

The thing is...80-90% of the airplanes I fly these days are Carenado products, so I guess I'm just accustomed to the problems.  No one else except Carenado and FSW is actively making corporate aircraft, and seeing as that is definitively my wheelhouse, I learned to stop being a perfectionist.  Really, the only airliner I ever fly any more is the MJC Q400, and only on occasion.  (I feel like I want to try the TFDI 717, but I know that I will be over it as soon as I'm bored with the gee-wiz features).  This one's not as polished as the DA obviously, but it met my expectations.  I'm having zero performance issues, so I can't speak to that.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Darn.... I was hoping it would be good too... since it's mostly steam, and they're usually decent at those kind of planes.  Back to XP11 hehe....  (until Flightbeam's KMSP is released)

Ryan, it's really not awful.  An "awful" Carenado release was like, the Hawker or the S/II Navigraph pack.  Those were pretty awful...that's how I measure my low bar for them.  This one has what you could call "classic Care(nado)less errors" that you expect , but I submitted everything I found within hours of the release, so hopefully they will let me reserve judgement for a moment.

Took my first flight with the Cheyenne this morning, KCVG to KRDU. I love the analog gauges and the GTN 750 integration. The autopilot takes some getting used to. The tool tip on the pitch control indicates feet per minute, but it is actually a real ptch controller in degrees. You have to take a guess at where to set it and cross check the vertical velocity indicator (the DA Cheyenne works the same way).

Despite a lot of heavy weather, I didn't have any problems with FPS or stutters on FSX.

Dale 

Dale

On 3/31/2017 at 11:46 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott

I have done it on several Carenado Avidyne displays.  The frameless mode is "MV_WX!WX".  The numbers for the Alabeo C441 are 65, 50, 374, 275 in Vcockpit02.   I'll post the numbers for the Cheyenne when I get it fitted. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

I have done it on several Carenado Avidyne displays.  The frameless mode is "MV_WX!WX".  The numbers for the Alabeo C441 are 65, 50, 374, 275 in Vcockpit02.   I'll post the numbers for the Cheyenne when I get it fitted. 

Hi...

Thanks - I'll give it a shot...

Regards,
Scott