Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

DTG_Cryss Signing On

Hey, 

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Cryss and I'll be taking over from Martin as the Community Manager on Dovetail's Flight Sim products. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and in the near future sharing a little more about our upcoming flight sim. 

Until then, keep an eye on the news or simply say hello! 

Kindest

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Hello Cryss, welcome to Avsim. We've got a passionate but sometimes impatient group here, so keep your flak jacket on! :biggrin:

Looking forward to any updates on your new sim,

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ted, 

I know that impatient feeling you get when you've been looking forward to something for such a long time. 

Hopefully will have some good news to share shortly :) 

• Upvote 2

Welcome to AVSIM, Cryss. I am one of the janitors here at AVSIM who's task is to help keep the place tidy.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looking forwarded to hearing from you Cryss in the near future and good luck with the new product.

Ray Fry. 

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Welcome aboard Cryss. Looking forward to hearing about what DTG have planned. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Cryss, welcome and good luck! :)

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Hi Cryss, I hope you brought your flameproof overalls and cap as you'll need them. Whatever this mythical FS looks like, whenever it eventually crawls out from the woodwork, you're going to get roasted as it undoubtedly won't meet expectations. How realistic those expectations are, is another matter altogether.

• Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

Thanks for the warning Sam, 

Luckily I've already played League of Legends, so through the fire and the flames, I'll carry on. 

That said, honestly I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and ensuring that the ongoing development of our flight sim tries to meet your expectations, regardless of how lofty they may seem. 

Hi Cryss, welcome. It's great to see the continuing outreach from DTG.

I think we're all eager to give feedback but there's been nothing to comment on as yet. Would you say that this new DTG title will be quite a bit different from FSX:SE? I'm imagining a completely new flightsim game even though the internals (the "engine") is a taken from FSX (and maybe even some code from MS Flight?).

Barry Friedman

Hi Cryss! welcome a board!!! 

• Upvote 1

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

10 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and ensuring that the ongoing development of our flight sim tries to meet your expectations, regardless of how lofty they may seem. 

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC, takes up more than 250Mb on a hard drive, doesn't look like Industrial Light and Magic outdid themselves when creating the graphics for it, costs more than 20 quid, doesn't make a full-motion Level D check-flight simulator look like clockwork toy plane running along the ground in comparison, and doesn't also cure all diseases known to man and create world peace whilst doing so, then I can pretty much guarantee some flight simmer will moan about it. :laugh:

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC, takes up more than 250Mb on a hard drive, doesn't look like Industrial Light and Magic outdid themselves when creating the graphics for it, costs more than 20 quid, doesn't make a full-motion Level D check-flight simulator look like clockwork toy plane running along the ground in comparison, and doesn't also cure all diseases known to man and create world peace whilst doing so, then I can pretty much guarantee some flight simmer will moan about it. :laugh:

Ha Ha good one :biggrin:.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hi Cryss, Thanks for the introduction,

Very excited to see what the DTG team comes up with, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

All the very best to you and the DTG guys and gals and as I've said to Martin in the past, Thank you for taking on Flight Simulation and putting up with our very very very passionate group :biggrin:

Cheers,

Greg Z

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2017 at 9:14 PM, Chock said:

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC

I just want it to run on my Pentium 2 okay, if to do that I need to run it in MS Dos, then so be it!