9 hours ago, citationjet said:

Has somebody else the same problem that after 5 min flight the left engine torque droppes down to 0 ? Right engine works normally....

No, the right engine doesn't work normally either as it will fail like the left one.....after a few more minutes.

That said this only happens if you are constantly exeeding the torque limit which is 1484ft.lb at max RPM. (the first red radial)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Are you FSX or P3D? Maybe it's a version issue. I'll check again next time I fly it.

I was hoping to see the boxed version of a Carenado aircraft on the table...like the F1 Mustang has.

FSX w/ DX10 fixer. 

I spotted another model glitch...it looks like the "lens" on the DME is floating 1/2" above the unit itself.

7 hours ago, J35OE said:

No, the right engine doesn't work normally either as it will fail like the left one.....after a few more minutes.

That said this only happens if you are constantly exeeding the torque limit which is 1484ft.lb at max RPM. (the first red radial)

Ok thanks for the Feedback. I will Check it within the next flight if i get it under Control 

On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:13 AM, citationjet said:

Framerate wise running very smooth on my P3Dv3.

But after take off the left engine lost power, no chance to get him back

I had this today too. I haven't looked in the code yet, but be careful not to exceed the maximum torque on take-off or climb out for too long. It may be designed to generate engine failures like some of their other twins. The other possibility ( I think someone else mentioned it) is the fuel system although I don't think the engine would have lasted that long if the fuel selector was off. I went through another flight from cold and dark making sure that every item was in its proper configuration prior to start, and had a relatively uneventful flight around the mountains in Orbx's NRM.

Here's what I have seen so far. After the installation, the default joystick and button assignments all reappeared in Prepar3D. I had previously deleted some of them, preferring to assign them through FSUIPC, so I had to do this again.

I can confirm that during engine start, the Ng gauge remains at zero until the fuel lever is set to RUN, and only then does the gas generator spool up begin to indicate. After starting the first engine, the torque went straight to maximum and stayed there until I cycled the propeller lever. The second engine was ok.

The altitude ARM button takes some persuasion. Click it once, and it quickly switches ON then straight back to OFF. I had to do it multiple times before the ALT ARM indication registered. I tried this multiple times with the same result. The altitude captures anyway, regardless of whether ALT ARM is indicating or not..

In flight, using the mouse to move either throttle caused both throttles to move together. I have dual throttles (TM Warthog). Throttle 1 would move both levers, throttle 2 would move neither. However, the engine response to my TM throttle inputs was correct. Placing the mouse over throttle 2 in the VC showed the "Throttle 2" tool tip, and moving the mouse would change the power on engine #2, but the throttle itself did not move in the  VC. Placing the mouse over throttle 1 in the VC showed the "Throttle 1" tool tip, and moving the mouse would change the power of engine #1, but both throttles would move together in the VC. The error seems to be with the VC modelling. Later in the flight, it went back to normal, with both throttles in the VC moving independently again.

The handling was good, no complaints about the flight model. Power response seems good over the range of power lever movement, and controlling speed on final approach does not take too much getting used to.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Allan

1 hour ago, X24 said:

The altitude ARM button takes some persuasion. Click it once, and it quickly switches ON then straight back to OFF. I had to do it multiple times before the ALT ARM indication registered. I tried this multiple times with the same result. The altitude captures anyway, regardless of whether ALT ARM is indicating or not..

Yep, found this as well. a bit hit and miss, however it works well on the 2d pop up, in fact when the pop-up is showing the vc alt arm seems to work ok, a bit odd.

had the engine failure on my first flight, not repeated as you suggested keep the torque down to 955 on the climb. (edit , did, I think, get an master caution light on left engine oil pressure.)

Also yes with the throttle, can't use the them individually, needs a mod.

The re-setting of the controls in P3d happens quite frequently, have to import my saved settings when it happens.

Just checking out the IAS button at the moment, appears to be working ok.

bob

• Upvote 1

No need to keep torque at such a low setting. With the props full forward just stay a tad below 1484. If you reduce the prop RPM you can increase torque up to the second red radial without overtorquing the engine and a subsequent failure.

If the engine fails (or is being shut down) you do get an eng oil pressure warning, that's the way it should be.

Couldn't resist the PA31T after having many hours in the real thing myself, sadly I am incredibly disappointed with this buggy release. How sad :( 

• Upvote 1