Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Disable Linda inflight?

Hi to all.

I'm a Linda newbie and I have two basic questions: 1. Is there a way to disable Linda inflight or not to start it automatically with FSX? ((for example by a key shortcut). The reason is that for my older aircraft I have set up the VriSim MCP Combo with the Standard VriSim Software and I would like to keep this for convenience.  For newer aircraft I prefer to set them up using Linda. 2. Sometimes I would even like to use the Standard VriSim Software  and Linda at the same time for the same aircraft, for example to use Linda for the MCP Combo and the Standard Software for other VriSim devices which Linda doesn't support. Is this possible? Somehow it seems that LINDA takes control over the MCP Combo even if I don't start the Linda GUI (because it's a module I suppose) but then the standard VriSim software doesn't recognize the MCP Combo anymore. I would like to be able to switch between Linda and the VriSim Software at my own convenience but I don't know how to achieve this. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards draci

Hi bmaik

Welcome to the LINDA community.

LINDA is designed to replace the VRiSim software for all VRInsight MCP combo panels and it is important that you do not run both software together. LINDA is integrated into FSUIPC4 as soon as FSX/P3D starts and cannot be switched off or disabled in flight. All the functions and operations you have programmed using VRiSim can be assigned using LINDA.

If you don't want LINDA to start with FSX/P3D then you either need to uncheck the Start With Flt Sim checkbox in the Setup LINDA page or edit FSUIPC4.ini and remove the line containing LINDA in the [Programs] block.

What other VRi devices are you using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm using the VrInsight CDU III and I don't think that this one is compatible with LINDA? It took me months to set everything up to my satisfaction. I already have unticked the checkbox on LINDA setup page and tried to assign a keyboard shortcut there but this didn't seem to prevent LINDA from starting with FSUIPC nevertheless.

Ok, I got it now. I'm trying to setup LINDA to control the MCP Combo to use with the new PMDG QOSII. I installed LINDA according to the manual and also installed the PMDG 747 QOSII Linda Module provided on AVSIM. I updated FSUIPC to the current version 4.964. Upon loading the aircraft Lua Windows shows Linda restarting and everything ok. The MCP combo loads the correct profile but turning knobs and pushing buttons on the MCP has no effect on the aircraft although when I turn the knobs using the mouse (eg heading, altitude etc) the changes are reflected (with some lag however) on the MCP display, so I assume that FSUIPC does indeed recognize the MCP Combo. I have no clue why it doesn't work. Perhaps I have to mention that I have undocked many panels showing several instruments on several additional monitors and run the VriSim CDU III alongside. I also use EZDOK which according to the manual is a potential for trouble. Any ideas appreciated.

Best regards

bmaik

Here's my detailed log information:

Linda Version 2.9.3 (496)

module PMDG 747 V3 1.1 by Günther Steiner

FSX with acceleration pack

PMDG 747 v3 QOS II, but the MCP combo doesn't even react for FSX default aircraft

problem description: see above (last post)

I've just emailed you the log-files,

thank you for your help.

The problem is SOLVED, I had renamed my fsx.exe process for several reasons. FSUPIC did not recognize the MCP Combo.  Renaming it to fsx.exe and everything works. Linda rocks!

Best regards

Maik

Hi bmaik

I am pleased you have sorted out your problem. FSUIPC and LINDA require the standard Flt Sim naming conventions. Are you saying that LINDA is able to read your CDUIII panel? If so I would be interested in seeing the config-hid.lua file.

The logs you emailed were recorded with additional read/write FSUIPC4 logging switched on and were of no use.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scott,

no, I use the VriSim Software for the CDU III and so far it doesn't interfere with LINDA at all. The two programs run great alongside each other.

• Upvote 1

That is good to know. Thank you and good flying. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK