Sign in to follow this  
harvester21

Vectors on departure

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with this. I just took off out of CYYZ and the first part of the SID is vectors out of 06R. Normally after flying vectors you can go into the FMC and line select the next cleared way point and put it at the top of the LEGS page on LSK1. For some reason now it doesn't let me do that. I'm currently flying the route in heading select mode, but I would like to be able to switch it back to LNAV and let if follow the flightplan.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

I'm flying the 744ERF in P3D v3.4.

Looking forward to your replies!

Sander

UPDATE: Went ahead and saved the scenario, restarted P3D, and now I can upselect the desired way point again. Seems the problem has resolved itself. Somehow the FMC was not responding as it should.

Edited by harvester21
Issue resolved

17 minutes ago, harvester21 said:

Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

This usually happens when you load a flight plan file from an external planner that is not exporting in the proper format.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I loaded it in from PFPX, didn't see this issue before. Perhaps it's something to do with this particular SID. Interesting though that it worked after reloading the sim.

Thanks for your quick reply! Have a great weekend.

4 hours ago, harvester21 said:

Perhaps it's something to do with this particular SID

Two posts and you are still keeping the SID and first fix a secret. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry Dan, I guess I could have included that tidbit. I'll post later when I'm at the pc again.

Interesting, is that an obsolete procedure or a new one?  My current Navigraph charts for CYYZ do not include that one, but it's latest changes are dated Nov 2016.  I was just wondering what the heading change is from the vector to the first fix and imagined that may be why you could not immediately engage LNAV.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

Interesting, is that an obsolete procedure or a new one?  My current Navigraph charts for CYYZ do not include that one, but it's latest changes are dated Nov 2016.  I was just wondering what the heading change is from the vector to the first fix and imagined that may be why you could not immediately engage LNAV.

The Boeing 747-400 V3 came with 1702, which would have been February of this year. It would automatically install that one unless it detected that you had an older set available, which in your case, was the one from November of 2016. To get the updated one, you'd have to move the old navigation data elsewhere or delete it, then re-install the 747.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

21 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

To get the updated one, you'd have to move the old navigation data elsewhere or delete it, then re-install the 747.

I think you misread my statement.  I always have the latest navdata and LIDO charts available from Navigraph; however, Navigraph only updates charts about once a quarter.  I asked because I was not interested enough to look; however, since this keeps going I had a look and indeed the TEVAD was added since the last chart update.  Looking further I see that first fix is PERLO following the 057 vector.... and going further and checking a chart in PFPX see that the fix is less than a 60 deg heading change therefore my question is answered.  I seemed to have been keep at this trough longer than the OP haha.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 minutes ago, downscc said:

I always have the latest navdata and LIDO charts available from Navigraph; however, Navigraph only updates charts about once a quarter.

Not strictly on topic, but for your info: Navigraph has been updating their charts every AIRAC cycle for a good few months now.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your efforts. I don't think it actually had anything to do with the SID or the vectors in the end, as I mentioned in my OP edit, the restart of p3d resolved the issue. The FMC was simply not functional anymore and what I think it had to do with was a reload of a saved game. I had flown in to CYYZ from BIKF a few days before, and then after arrival and full power down of the aircraft I saved the game. I returned to it a few days later, but I think that restarting an old save game somehow messed up the software a bit. From now on I will simply take note of the arrival gate and load up a fresh game instead of reverting to an older save. 

Again I appreciate your time on this issue.

Have a good one!

18 hours ago, skelsey said:

Navigraph has been updating their charts every AIRAC cycle for a good few months now.

I get updates every cycle, but their updates are not comprehensive.  The Navigraph Charts Desktop application indicates CYYZ is current but obviously "not as current" as the real world data.  

13 hours ago, pcubine said:

in the next several months Charts 6 with Jeppensen charts rather than LIDO will be released

I saw that and look forward to getting back to familiar ground.  I've learned to read the LIDO charts but at times I have to have the guide book open and I've noticed a few very minor differences in the details on a few approach plates compared to the FAA NFDC Digital Terminal Procedures products.

Do any of you have the TEVAD arrival in your Navigraph charts, desktop or cloud?

Dan Downs KCRP