Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

boeing 717-200 byTFDI comments about plane

Curious to know about any comments or reviews about the Boeing 717-200 by TFDI

thanks, Ronny

We don't speak of that aircraft.

Just as realizing you spent $4000 in Las Vegas for nothing, being reminded of wasted funds is taboo.

(J/K)

I'm sure if you do a search you'll find what you're looking for.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

don't know how it runs in FSX but in P3D it is great.  Highly recommend.  They are still making updates but a joy to fly. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hello Ronny:

I tend to agree with Jason. I find it quite nice already. Don't get me wrong, there are some issues that need to be addressed, but according to the developer's forum, these are being dealt with.

There are some very good people on that development team.

It is a joy to fly. It also looks nice and has that McDonnell Douglas feel (even though it's a "Boeing"). For me it's a perfect short to mid range jet that is already nice and is just going to get better.

A lot of the issues people have are, that, in retrospect, the plane was probably released a little early. They had a very limited number of Beta testers, and is such did not pick up a lot of the issues that appeared when released to the masses.

If you purchase it and join the open beta team, you'll get the latest updates as they become available.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if you are looking for something in this size of aircraft.

- Roger Neves

I

• Upvote 1

TDFi is doing a great job on this aircraft and it keeps getting better. I really enjoy flying it.  It is very much usable now since they last updated it.

The 717 looks great, sounds great and flies great. The FMC/Autopilot is so much better now, but still is getting improved upon.

What does its framerate compare to? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have it for FSX, haven't used it in P3D yet.

As it is now, its a great aircraft. Has features like a tablet which can be used to view PDF's of checklists and charts in sim. The virtual cockpit is very nice and sounds are good. There are a couple of features missing which you probably won't notice initially but they will be coming in an update and they have intentions of adding more features as time goes on.

Performance wise, it's probably just a tad heavier than say the 737NGX but still runs smoothly.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

For 60 bucks I would expect the reviews to be stellar, which they aren't.

In my opinion, this aircraft is way overpriced. 

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, dave2013 said:

For 60 bucks I would expect the reviews to be stellar, which they aren't.

In my opinion, this aircraft is way overpriced. 

Dave

You best not shop Carenado then. Because they charge $40+ for visual models that are technically trash. The TFDi aspires to do so much more for a very unique aircraft type and I think they have done a great job thus far to warrant the price. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I feel very tempted to buy that bird, as it is some smaller version of beloved MD11 :-), but i am worry that amount of bugs and things which are 'in progress' will force me to put that bird into hangar... 

Artur 

Let me shed some light here. We can all agree that it may have been released a little early. But we need to keep in mind here that the 717 release was all new territory for the develpoment team at TFDi. This is their first release so we need to work with them and not against them. There are plenty of developers out there if you look at their first release, have not been so great whether that be in visual quality, systems depth, memory allocation or bugs.

For me personally, I feel that TFDi did an amazing job for their first product. Their 717 visually is excellent, so well done that it would make any screenshot or movie artist smile. The sound package is very well put together internally and externally. I like the fact that when in the cockpit, it sounds like it would in a real 717 cockpit. The engines are way in the back and you get that immersion. The flight dynamics feel great, it flies smooth and it a joy to hand fly. Systems depth is all there, you will have to pull the manual out from time to time to fly this aircraft efficiently. The EFB is a gret tool that I like putting my charts into and having them handy in the virtual cockpit.

I never had any FPS or memory problems. I don't get any stutters or anything that I can see that inhibit the performance on my computer when flying the 717.

As for many, where it did fall short was the bugs at release. I had them, we all had them. I don't think it was fair how many people treated TFDi about that as this whole experience was new to them and I think they have now learned how important a large user based beta test is. They have been very active in their forums with troubleshooting and getting bug fixes out as fast as possible. Aother perk is their Addon Manager as all you have to do is start it up and it scans for any updates and will apply them automatically. No need for downloading new installers every time.

I encourage you to visit their forums and see how the aircraft has come along, especially their Change Log as their upcomming update to 1.0.6.1 when released will have a very large list of fixes.

• Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Ronny,

just reading through this thread I'm realizing that everyone basically described my experience with this bird. I have a pretty old system (4 1/2 years old) and the 717 didn't run smooth on my system. I had to convert the cockpit textures to DXT1 to eliminate severe stutters. My video card is too old to take advantage of the hardware rendering this add on offers. 

I too bought it because it's like a mini MD11. I also have a sweet spot for the 717 as I used to fly Airtran a lot IRL.

It still has some bugs but (for me) it is a product i enjoy. Looks fantastic, flies/feels great (minus some bugs they're still working on), VC is superb, sounds are terrific too. 

I wish there were more repaints for it, but they haven't released the repaint kit yet. 

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Enjoyed the two great reviews above. I have been watching this aircraft closely as a DC-9/MD-80 fan. I have so much in my hanger now to keep me busy no point in purchasing until perfected but I'm sure I will before this year is out.

Vic green