Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

New 32" monitor resolution question

Hi all. I am thinking of upgrading my Dell 23" monitor for this one http://www.msy.com.au/nsw/ultimo/peripherals/17852-philips-amva-32-bdm3270qp2-4ms-2560x14402k-qhd-hdmi-mhl-dp-dvi-d-sub-usb-spk-has-pivot-monitor.html

It is 32" a AMVA LCD at a resolution of 2560 x 1440. The aspect ratio is 16 x 9.  It is 1080p at 60 mhz. 

My system is an i7 2700K with a GTX 970.

Would this be suitable for Prepar 3D? I was wondering mainly about the resolution.

Many thanks for any replies.

John

I assume it's a mis-type, but it is not 1080p @ 60Hz, but the full 1440p @ 60Hz, which is what you would want from that monitor.

I use a 32" amva 1440p monitor for P3D, myself, and I absolutely love it. I find 1440p at 32" to be the sweet spot for ppi, without requiring any sort of scaling.

Performance at that resolution will depend on your settings, and expectations. My system is an i5-2500k OC'd to 4.5Ghz, and a GTX 980ti.

I'll be picking up one of the new 1080ti's in a month or so.

I'm not sure how P3D currently performs for you at 1080p, but you will probably have to adjust some settings, as moving up to 1440p will affect things.

I believe things will work, as long as you do not think you can turn every setting to max, and run 100% all traffic, etc.......

Moving from 23" to 32" will be a sight to behold, as well. I hope this helps some.

Happy flying,

Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg

14 hours ago, Captain Z said:

I use a 32" amva 1440p monitor for P3D, myself, and I absolutely love it. I find 1440p at 32" to be the sweet spot for ppi, without requiring any sort of scaling.

Completely agree. I have an AOC Q3277PQU (32", AMVA) and love it. When I got mine I think that all of the 32", AMVA panels were made by Samsung but, odly, Samsung's own monitor started to flicker a little when the brightness was turned down. This isn't a problem with AOC and I think the BenQ model is also good so it's probably worth checking reviews to see if this is OK with the Philips. At 2560x1440 the Alt menu in FSX is the perfect size for me which is more than can be said for 4k at this screen size. I don't have P3D so can't comment on that. The screen resolution works well with my GTX 970. Remember, though, that FSX is primarily much more about CPU clock speed than the GPU so overclock you CPU as much as you can.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

16 hours ago, Captain Z said:

I assume it's a mis-type, but it is not 1080p @ 60Hz, but the full 1440p @ 60Hz, which is what you would want from that monitor.

Thanks for the replies guys. If you look at the official Phillips web site at http://www.philips.com.au/c-p/BDM3270QP2_75/brilliance-led-backlit-lcd-display-with-multiview/specifications it clearly states 

MHL 1080P @ 60Hz in the specifications.

Would this affect the resolution and therefore the picture?

Many thanks guys.

John

23 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Thanks for the replies guys. If you look at the official Phillips web site it clearly states 

MHL 1080P @ 60Hz in the specifications.

It actually clearly states the resolution as 2560x1440. The MHL resolution is for when using a Mobile High-definition Link connection for connecting a smartphone to your tv which is pretty old school these days.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS