Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

X-Plane 11 - Austin's Q&A

***This is not a fool's day... thing!***

If you go to Laminar's page on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/XPlaneOfficial/), you will find Austin's Q&A video from few hours ago.

One of the things that intrigued me is that he has build Airbus FBW system in X-Plane! Well actually exist in planemaker such an option!rvXeuZ8.jpg

Still needs work, but eventually will be FAA-certified...!

• Upvote 3

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

Cant beleive no one is talking about his Q&A. Great insight, I love how performance is his top priority right now , vulcan is coming  and of course the A320 coming down the pipeline, even though I really like Jar's A320..... Really good times coming!!

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Native VR, perhaps in two months. Yes! :)

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

ATC and Vulkan !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I only watched the first 10 min at work - I lol'd when he called the 737 a triple 7

Anyway I plan to watch the rest later 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, Airfighter said:

And forgot to mention the fully simulated G1000 that is in the works!

G1000 !!!!! Forgot about that.......

Eric Escobar

7 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

Native VR, perhaps in two months. Yes! :)

I am waiting for the resolution to go up ! 4K VR headset Please !

https://www.vrcircle.com/2k-x-2k-vr-headsets-coming-in-2017-perhaps-from-amd/

Ryzen CPU, VEGA GPU and AMD 4K VR Headset !

Eric Escobar

I appreciate the ATC revision Austin is undergoing but I'm afraid as usually they work each one in his own field without making a team approach. ATC must be dealt with AI in mind, allowing for hundreds of aircraft to be controlled together, with FPS friendly models. Again Austin thinks only to his GA world aiming for a prop fun ATC at uncontrolled airport with 4 or 5 AI planes nearby while I guess most people would liked a multi layered ATC (deliver, approach, tower, center...) at big airports with dozains of AI aircrafts around.

But let's see in a year what he can deliver, don't want to sound too pessimistic. I just think that this "let's team once in six months and set our goal" approach of LR sometimes it's not enough. It really surprised me his sentences about "I'm doing my ATC work and I hope others will approuve it also for controlled airports". It sounds like some sort of improvisation, like the rest of team never expressed their thoughts about ATC

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Desaix said:

I appreciate the ATC revision Austin is undergoing but I'm afraid as usually they work each one in his own field without making a team approach. ATC must be dealt with AI in mind, allowing for hundreds of aircraft to be controlled together, with FPS friendly models. Again Austin thinks only to his GA world aiming for a prop fun ATC at uncontrolled airport with 4 or 5 AI planes nearby while I guess most people would liked a multi layered ATC (deliver, approach, tower, center...) at big airports with dozains of AI aircrafts around.

But let's see in a year what he can deliver, don't want to sound too pessimistic. I just think that this "let's team once in six months and set our goal" approach of LR sometimes it's not enough. It really surprised me his sentences about "I'm doing my ATC work and I hope others will approuve it also for controlled airports". It sounds like some sort of improvisation, like the rest of team never expressed their thoughts about ATC

which simulation is capable of running hundreds of AI aircrafts ?

4 hours ago, Desaix said:

I appreciate the ATC revision Austin is undergoing but I'm afraid as usually they work each one in his own field without making a team approach. ATC must be dealt with AI in mind, allowing for hundreds of aircraft to be controlled together, with FPS friendly models. 

I don't think "FPS friendly models" are going to happen in X-Plane.

Austin's design philosophy has always been for every AI plane to have the same flight model as the player's plane. When you're stacked up on approach, every plane is reacting exactly the same way with crosswinds, headwinds, wake turbulence, and so on. There is some optimization in spreading the additional flight models across multiple CPU cores, so more cores allow a higher number of AI planes. But I don't think we're going to get the kind of simplified AI planes that allow for hundreds to be flying in the player's air space. 

Maybe a 3rd party add-on will do it, but it will have to integrate with whatever improved ATC is in the base sim. In the long term, I think Laminar's approach will work out, because our CPUs continue to get faster over the years. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Interesting... will watch this later... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, Desaix said:

Unrealistic. You will never see hundreds of planes flying in the real world. Maybe a dozen on approach and departure. And if you have any real pilot time you would know it's very difficult actually spotting AC in the air.  It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

• Upvote 3

Eric Escobar