Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Orbx LOWI Released

Downloading and will put my P3D VAS to the test using the PMDG 737 to simulate a Transavia flight

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Performance and VAS should not be an issue because the airport is in a valley away from a large populated area. A nice hop from Munich to the north or Vienna and Salzburg to the east. And after Orbx release Germany South it will make Vienna even better.

Hi Folks,

Out of the regions I fly - but dang - that sure is purty...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello,
I am really looking forward to this one and KSAN but their San Diego product currently having so many negative comments that I have to put a hold, wonder how about this one.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I've been looking forward to this one too but think I'll wait after learning there's no road traffic even if you have default road traffic enabled. The developer said it will be included in a future patch.

For many people that might not be an issue but personally I like to have some traffic to avoid the sensation flying in an abandoned ghost environment. This has become even more important to me after starting to fly in VR where you experience your surroundings in a whole new way. And for such a detailed scenery as this one just the thought of empty streets feels even more odd to me.

Never fully understood why the product was released without road traffic because the developer did mention something about it was there shortly before release.

Considering for how long this product was in development until it was finally released what difference would another couple of days have made to include the traffic again if it was only left out by mistake.

Oh well, let's hope the patch that will add the road traffic back won't be in development for as long as the main product :wink:

Richard Åsberg

I've been looking forward to this one too but think I'll wait after learning there's no road traffic

Really....? Come on mr. Webmaximus.:huh:

Have you seen this scenery? It's bloody gorgeous. One of the best airfields ever made. Road traffic? Get GTAV.:laugh:

RobdeVries.jpg

2 hours ago, Holland_Holland said:

Really....? Come on mr. Webmaximus.:huh:

Have you seen this scenery? It's bloody gorgeous. One of the best airfields ever made. Road traffic? Get GTAV.:laugh:

Already finished GTAV :wink:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

On 4/1/2017 at 8:58 AM, GSalden said:

Imho France VFR looks more realistic. Orbx has a too much polaroid look ..

But everyone can choose his/her favorite..

Yep, that's true. I haven't tried any of their stuff yet, have been put off by the price for each product, but maybe some day I will. 

21 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Out of the regions I fly - but dang - that sure is purty...

Regards,
Scott

Never understood that... you know you can fly anywhere. In the world right? :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

Hello,
I am really looking forward to this one and KSAN but their San Diego product currently having so many negative comments that I have to put a hold, wonder how about this one.

What negative comments?

15 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

What negative comments?

there are a  few   ones  in the ftx  forum  i  imagine  he  is  referring  to

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

18 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Yep, that's true. I haven't tried any of their stuff yet, have been put off by the price for each product, but maybe some day I will. 

I was a big user of France VFR regional sceneries during my FS9 days and then into FSX. However, even though they look good, I stopped using them when I started using ORBX sceneries when I discovered that France VFR's autogen is incompatible with ORBX.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

8 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

I discovered that France VFR's autogen is incompatible with ORBX.

Wrong observation. Both autogen def's can be merged into one xml without problems...

RobdeVries.jpg

14 hours ago, pete_auau said:

there are a  few   ones  in the ftx  forum  i  imagine  he  is  referring  to

Yeah I went in to read and found them. It's a bad and good thing personally, as I already had the LatinVFR one (and was asking Why? Why do they do this instead of releasing another airport that may be lakcing?

The bad comments, paired with the fact that LatinVFR have stated KSAN will receive an update this year, have made me decide not to buy the ORBX version. 

LOWI however is another story :)

On 4/2/2017 at 11:12 AM, Raven9000 said:

Never understood that... you know you can fly anywhere. In the world right? :biggrin:

I'm a weirdo like him too lol.  I rarely fly outside of the USA.  I think it's primarily because I don't have charts for the rest of the world and I like to navigate realistically.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |