Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Innsbruck

I see that Innsbruck has been released has anyone purchased and what are your thoughts?

I am hyper excited about it and have been waiting for it since the day first screenshots came out.

I would love to buy it, but based on ORBX's new purchase system (no more FSS sales) I have to sign up into ORBX directly, install FTXCentral3 and "simply" buy it (wasn't it supposed to make our lives easier?).
The problem is I tried to sign up many hours ago (my flightplan is waiting, my wife has been pacified, lol) and no confirmation email has come to me (nothing in the spam or bin), meaning I cannot buy.
I have submited a support ticket with no response either. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any other known way to buy LOWI? I am dying to get it.

3 hours ago, parachutem said:

I see that Innsbruck has been released has anyone purchased and what are your thoughts?

overall my initial impression is very positive. it looks great! but the biggest surprise for me is it has very good fps on my system which is quite old and underpowered. i first loaded it up with all the options enabled to see how it looks, expecting to turn some of that stuff off, and it was very flyable. impressive optimization in there i think.

VAS is a bit heavy with everything enabled... as to be expected..but manageable, with pmdg737 i had around 650meg free or so that gradually climbed to 800 or so during departure once i was out of the valley. 

3 hours ago, Rafal said:

I would love to buy it, but based on ORBX's new purchase system (no more FSS sales) I have to sign up into ORBX directly, install FTXCentral3 and "simply" buy it (wasn't it supposed to make our lives easier?).

hmm sorry man, . the system did kind of make it lot easier for me anyway, pretty nice once it is all hooked up and working. i don't remember how long it took to enable my account...i think it was pretty much all automated..don't remember for sure, i changed over along time ago. i'd expect they'll see your ticket sooner or later. good luck

cheers,-andy crosby

5 minutes ago, spesimen said:

i'd expect they'll see your ticket sooner or later

I guess so. Just a pity I couldn't get and use it for the weekend, especially that my wife decided to buy it for me as my birthday gift.

Anyway, the screenshots look awesome and the airport in reality is one of the most beautifully located ones (I've been there).
I am sure this is one heck of an awesome product. I do not any own other airport by Jarrad, but I know them from screenshots and videos - they look stunning.

Purchased, downloaded and installed via FTX Central 3 took no more than 4 minutes. It was incredibly fast and simple. Innsbruck looks simply stunning now in P3d while also performing very well in both fps and VAS.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Purchased, downloaded and installed via FTX Central 3 took no more than 4 minutes. It was incredibly fast and simple. Innsbruck looks simply stunning now in P3d while also performing very well in both fps and VAS.

Ditto Dave. Then ran vector and update for library. Scenery looks spectacular! can't wait to fly out of the valley. 

Very nice and simple to install. Which is nice.

Found a heliport on a hospital's roof East of the airport.

33654600541_34b4b00c0e_k.jpg

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Great scenery!!!! Was departing and arriving no once each. Really great scenery!

On 01/04/2017 at 6:52 PM, parachutem said:

Always my favourite area in which to fly. This scenery is absolutely superb!

Frame rate is good as before, with smooth rendition of flight, no matter what add on aircraft.

I have only two small gripes.

There is no animated road traffic on the highways, they use fixed images. This is compensated by a good frame rate and the super locomotive traffic.

I saw a 737 land on the grass glider runway, that's adjacent to the GA parking on the north side of the airfield. The main runway was not occupied? I posted this in the FTX Support forum.

Overall a thrilling place to fly.

Regards

David

A grass runway should be enough for a small bird like the 737 :-)

There was a lot of traffic in VATSIM this weekend at LOWI, I wonder why!? ;-)