Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

What is your test airfield?

Old topic, but my test airport is KTNT Dade-Collier Training and Transition Airport west of Miami. Originally built for supersonic aircraft when everyone thought that was going to be the future.

I guess Jim branched this out into a new thread!  I have one really great test airport for testing any type of aircraft from a hang glider to an A-380.  L08 Borrego Valley Airport in Borrego Springs, Ca.  5000 foot runway with a 4500 foot mountain range about 5 miles due west of runway 25.  For any aircraft to be a  "Keeper"  It needs to pass the short runway takeoff and landing so I fly a short circuit in and out of this airfield.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Usually one of three airports all in the NW of the UK, all of which are payware UK2000 sceneries: EGCC Manchester, EGGP Liverpool and EGCD woodford (no longer an operational airfield in real life). For testing long flights with airliners, I will usually go either from EGCC Manchester, UK to LEAM Almeria, Spain (which is a freeware add on scenery), or the return trip. For GA aircraft tests, I'll usually do EGGP Liverpool, UK to the default scenery of LFPB Le Bourget, France, since it is a fairly common real life GA trip from the UK for many PPLs.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

EGML Damyns Hall and EGHA Compton Abbas by ORBX. Simple grass airstrips, ideal for testing my WW1 biplanes.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

EINN Shannon (from Eiresim) in the west of Ireland with its 10,500 ft runway where I spent many a happy hour watching aeroplanes as a kid and EICN Coonagh with its 1,000 ft runway about 6 miles east of EINN where I learned to fly many years ago.

Since I live in Cincinnati Ohio I use either KCVG ( Greater Cincinnati Airport ) 11,000' or closer to home KLUK ( Lunken Airport ) 5250'. Lunken has a lot of history. American Airlines was started there. I can't remember the name of the famous flight school that is now based in Florida but that started at Lunken. Also, Aeronca Aircraft were made there.

Since I live in Greater Vancouver, CZBB, otherwise known as Boundary Bay Airport. See here for more info.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

It needs to be somewhere near busy shipping lanes so as to make sure no new files have disrupted the AI Ships package, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Seattle are favourite. (yes I know it is a flight sim but that feature really adds to the realism for me)

Ian S

38.jpg

KTNT is also mine. I love the large runway for getting familiar with a plane. Nice taxi route as well with a few turns. Great on framerates so you can really fly the plane at this location. AND about an hour from my home. :)  Forgot to mention a nice 9/27 runway. So easy to do patterns. Less thinking. ;)