Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

X-Plane 11 new overlays for photoscenery

Hi,

now that X-Plane 11 has been released out of beta, I also want to switch from X-Plane 10 to 11. I have generated photoscenery for all of Germany with Ortho4XP using the HD Mesh v3 to build the overlays. As X-Plane 11 has newer OSM data, I guess rebuilding the overlays for the photoscenery using X-Plane 11 default scenery would make sense, right? As far as I understand, this is also the only way to get the new European autogen to display. Would rebuilding the overlays mean, I have to do the final step of Ortho4XP pointing to the default X-Plane folder for each tile? Some insights on this would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks and regards

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

That's what I did for the USA/Canada regions and it works nicely for me. For Europe I still prefer the w2xp sceneries because I think that the new autogen only looks credible in DE/AT/CH. However, it should be fine to apply the new overlay for Europe unless you mind seeing the northern buildings in the south of Europe. 

Hans

I to made some tiles using Ortho4xp, covering the north of England using the HD Mesh v3. How do I go about reverting back to default mesh for the same reason as the OP? Do I need to create the tiles again? 

Sorry I'm brand new to X Plane but I'm a fast learner ;)

With thanks