Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

vor navigation default 737

I'm trying really hard to enjoy X-plane 11.  Using the free camera has helped create some of the views I like to use, but i still don't know how to use native VOR  navigation on the 737.  It's not too difficult to figure out in FSX but so far, I'm clueless as to how to manipulate the nav screens on the 737.  Is their an online manual that I can reference regarding the default 737, or would someone familiar offer some tips?

Thanks

Ok....so....finally figured out that if the knob is switched from APP to VOR, then the display will offer "native" VOR guidance information such as bearing to station, dme, etc.   But now that's done, it raises two new issues for me.  One is the ability to hear the morse code identifier for the VOR and the other is the way the map displays only one scenery tile at a time. 

So...the next two questions I have is how to make the identifier audible (switch? or button?)  AND how to retrieve nav freqencies not displayed on the map?

Thanks !

X-plane can export GPS data to Fltplan Go (free) onto a tablet or into a browser tab (or Foreflight if you have a subscription).  Fltplan GO can give you a moving map  and allows you to scroll around and get the info you need.  I haven't used Fltplan GO so I am not certain on ALL of the data it will give you access to.

ok...so little by little i'm sorting out all the view/button/ type issues and I must say hats off to the Laminar guys.. I just finished a flight to DFW and it was one of the most "realistic" sim trips I've made recently.   There are still two things I'm struggling with, however.  One is the brakes....I use a single joystick with a trigger button assigned to the brakes.  But when I look at the actual braking action, I see that it just toggles back and forth.  I'd like to apply brakes with a trigger pull and release brakes when i release the trigger.

The other is the moving map.  I've successfully used the google map over lay with the x-plane-map app that exports lat/long to the map, but it only shows waypoints, not vors and frequencies.  Any suggestions for freeware here?

Thanks for all the excellent tips.