Sign in to follow this  
flightdynamics

Prepar3d disappears

Hi,

I don't know if anyone could help or if anyone has come across the same issue. I go to open Prepar3d on my PC and the splash screen appears then after that, a screen should come up giving you the option to select your aircraft and starting airport etc. I don't get that screen. The splash screen disappears and nothing displays. I check my task manager and see that Prepar3d is still running in the task manager but not displaying. It doesn't show as running in the taskbar either. I've not changed anything in the sim either, it just randomly started occurring when I came to load P3D the other day.

Can anyone help me please?

I'm running latest P3D with all hotfixes, latest GPU driver and latest Windows 10 updates. 

Thanks,

Charlie

This happened to me when the default flight file got somehow corrupted.

It's been a while but if I recall correctly, I solved it by deleting the p3d.cfg file

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I will suggest you to simply first reinstall fsuipc and check.

If above doesnot work, search on google and you will find another avsim thread by Elaine to step by step solve this.

Regards

Prayog

Are you using the PMDG 747? It is not fully compatible with FSUIPC.

Peter

I have this exact same problem! It just started one day out of the blue. I can't relate it to anything I installed. I tried reinstalling FSUIPC, but no change. The only thing that cures the problem is to disable Air Manager in the dll.xml file. Air Manager works fine in P3D v2, so I have been using that for the most part as I got used to having the guages on my iPad.

flightdynamics, do you run Air Manager?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 02/04/2017 at 10:12 PM, b1bmsgt said:

I have this exact same problem! It just started one day out of the blue. I can't relate it to anything I installed. I tried reinstalling FSUIPC, but no change. The only thing that cures the problem is to disable Air Manager in the dll.xml file. Air Manager works fine in P3D v2, so I have been using that for the most part as I got used to having the guages on my iPad.

flightdynamics, do you run Air Manager?

Russ

I don't, no.