Sign in to follow this  
TonyD

Do228 Standard Operating Procedures

cut and paste error.....working now

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Thanks for that. Lots of great information. Interestingly, even with a firewalled throttle I can't get the ITT to go much above 750 degrees.

As the Do228 has a NTS system and an  ITT and torque limiter I assume you shouldn't be able to exceed the engine limits.

AFAIR if you would exceed a limit, the fuel bypass lights would come on. 

7 hours ago, J35OE said:

As the Do228 has a NTS system and an  ITT and torque limiter I assume you shouldn't be able to exceed the engine limits.

AFAIR if you would exceed a limit, the fuel bypass lights would come on. 

Thanks, that makes sense.

I guess what I was trying to say is that the supplied PDF is quite handy and neat (if you're a "by the numbers" type flier). However the document does not match the capabilities of the simulation.

Not terribly surprising, of the 4 Carenado aircraft I own none of them remotely match real world ITT values.

As KenG already noted, the ITT/EGT behaviour is hardcoded into the sim. If you remain within the standard FSX SDK capabilities there's simply no way to achieve correct ITT/EGT values over the whole operating and OAT range.

And what is 'remotely' ? I've seen close to 100°C EGT ! differences on 2 engines on the same aircraft IRL....

Who's KenG? Am I suppose to know who that is?

The Carenado 1900D, Pilatus PC-12, this aircraft and the TBM 850.

I have no doubt that the aircraft in real life behaves completely different than the sim. My response (as it appears to be lost) was in that because of the way the aircraft is created in the sim it makes following real world procedures (even loosely) sometimes impossible. That can be frustrating for some consumers, that's all.

8 hours ago, softreset said:

1.Who's KenG? Am I suppose to know who that is?

The Carenado 1900D, Pilatus PC-12, this aircraft and the TBM 850.

2. I have no doubt that the aircraft in real life behaves completely different than the sim. My response (as it appears to be lost) was in that because of the way the aircraft is created in the sim it makes following real world procedures (even loosely) sometimes impossible. That can be frustrating for some consumers, that's all.

1. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/507654-carenado-pa31t-fsx-turboprop-itt-behavior/

2. What is a 'completely' different behaviour? ITT/EGT does rise with power application. What SOPs you can't follow even 'loosely' ?

I find it interesting that a few people are disturbed more by the inaccurate EGT/ITT behaviour than by the much worse and unrealistic leaning behaviour of piston aircraft.(haven't come across a RW Piston plane where the engine fails at high 12000ft if not leaned)

What's IMO on of the worst and a real procedure and Immersion killer, the completely wrong engine/prop sound which changes with power changes instead of RPM changes  on constant speed props.

Very much sursprised that Lockheed carried over these two serious bugs despite the fact that they market P3D as a training tool and not as a game like Microsoft.  

3 minutes ago, J35OE said:

they market P3D as a training tool and not as a game like Microsoft.  

Well then I'm in luck and there's no need to continue to worry! I use FSX:SE and I'm enjoying the game!

Unfortunately the link isn't available anymore.
Can someone be so kind to upload or email the document?

egbert-at-scandinavian-va.net

Thanks in advance!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Dear:

I can't download the Dornier DO 228-100 SOP from the link above. Could you please help me?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.