Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

LOWS to LOWI The Full Story!

Today I did my first flight into LOWI for years, so I set up a short flight from LOWS (Salzburg) to LOWI (Innsbruck) with AS16/ASCA etc. This flight would have been much easier in a NG than a A320, but...never mind. 

The Good news was a straight out take off from LOWS but due to winds it going to be a 08 landing.....great just what I needed for the first time!!! So I took up my Captain's seat in the  magnificent FSL A320 with Niki Air for the trip. Wish me luck!

So let the boarding begine.

a.jpg

Time for the push back.

b.jpg

So you can have an idea what i'm in for.(PFD) more later...

c.jpg

Taxi.

e.jpg

Holding short, TO Config is fine....

f.jpg

Gear up, time to turn left...

g.jpg

Now at RTT I was hoping to take screenshots of the descent but it took all my concentration to do it right and on speed etc.

So here I am now in manual flight on a heading of 230 from OEV. If you wonder why my gear is down, one word....drag, it's a 3.8 degree "glide" and to keep on speed....you get the picture....

h.jpg

Here is what the Visual LOC DME looks like. Look closely.... we need to look for a Church. O great....Churchers and me don't go, I will be struck by lighting am sure!

hh.jpg

I am now angry at myself because as you can see the Church should be to my 1 O'clock not 11 O'clock...what did I say about churches and me? No now I have a sharper turn than i should have. Damm!

i.jpg

Time to turn......Here we go!

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

Is this going to be any good?....I don't know...really I dont Know...I should but I dont....

m.jpg

O man am please with that, happy days......bit high but easy to correct that.

Am in manual flight with flight directors off. Dont and I been don't go my the lights when your close, go by your eyes and sight picture of runway. The Master warning light is ON becasue I did not have time to turn it OFF, it was because I turned AP OFF, that's all. Like I said working to hard.

n.jpg

A bit low but am happy.

o.jpg

Touch down....center line hit, greased landing..........Happy days....yay....

p.jpg

Turn off

q.jpg

Very short taxi.

r.jpg

Onto the apron.

s.jpg

There waiting for me.

t.jpg

Get them PAX off please.

u.jpg

Oooo, Look at them Brake Temps!!.....Brake Fans ON...

v.jpg

Better open the window...love the noise of them, unlike the Pax's lol.

w.jpg

Nice evening.

x.jpg

Time to leave the FO to short it out I need a drink...

y.jpg

Leave them to it! I need a drink..

z.jpg

zz.jpg

Thanks J for a stunning piece of work.

Hope you enjoyed my story?

Dave.

• Upvote 8

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Great graphics---crisp, sharp, good color immersion!  Is that Aerosoft LOWI or ORBX?

JOHN

7 minutes ago, hillsboy said:

Great graphics---crisp, sharp, good color immersion!  Is that Aerosoft LOWI or ORBX?

JOHN

You probably mean *justsim* or ORBX...

9 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

You probably mean *justsim* or ORBX...

Or he mean what he said since Aerosoft has had a version out for years.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very nice shots and story, David! The circling approach to runway 08 is so much fun!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Great story, great scenery, great screenshots!

Great trip David , just bought it myself today.

I am still having a hard time landing in the 50-200 zone with my stick. Have to make further changes to deadzone i guess. It feels like a good landing but the values doesnt :bengong:

Sometimes the landing FSUIPC lua script gives me two values (i.e 275-80) . Almost if i bump up in the air again which cant be seen in replay or felt for that matter.

But again thanks for the ride :cool:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Today I did my first flight into LOWI for years, so I set up a short flight from LOWS (Salzburg) to LOWI (Innsbruck) with AS16/ASCA etc. This flight would have been much easier in a NG than a A320, but...never mind. 

The Good news was a straight out take off from LOWS but due to winds it going to be a 08 landing.....great just what I needed for the first time!!! So I took up my Captain's seat in the  magnificent FSL A320 with Niki Air for the trip. Wish me luck!

So let the boarding begine.

a.jpg

Time for the push back.

b.jpg

So you can have an idea what i'm in for.(PFD) more later...

c.jpg

Taxi.

e.jpg

Holding short, TO Config is fine....

f.jpg

Gear up, time to turn left...

g.jpg

Now at RTT I was hoping to take screenshots of the descent but it took all my concentration to do it right and on speed etc.

So here I am now in manual flight on a heading of 230 from OEV. If you wonder why my gear is down, one word....drag, it's a 3.8 degree "glide" and to keep on speed....you get the picture....

h.jpg

Here is what the Visual LOC DME looks like. Look closely.... we need to look for a Church. O great....Churchers and me don't go, I will be struck by lighting am sure!

hh.jpg

I am now angry at myself because as you can see the Church should be to my 1 O'clock not 11 O'clock...what did I say about churches and me? No now I have a sharper turn than i should have. Damm!

i.jpg

Time to turn......Here we go!

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

Is this going to be any good?....I don't know...really I dont Know...I should but I dont....

m.jpg

O man am please with that, happy days......bit high but easy to correct that.

Am in manual flight with flight directors off. Dont and I been don't go my the lights when your close, go by your eyes and sight picture of runway. The Master warning light is ON becasue I did not have time to turn it OFF, it was because I turned AP OFF, that's all. Like I said working to hard.

n.jpg

A bit low but am happy.

o.jpg

Touch down....center line hit, greased landing..........Happy days....yay....

p.jpg

Turn off

q.jpg

Very short taxi.

r.jpg

Onto the apron.

s.jpg

There waiting for me.

t.jpg

Get them PAX off please.

u.jpg

Oooo, Look at them Brake Temps!!.....Brake Fans ON...

v.jpg

Better open the window...love the noise of them, unlike the Pax's lol.

w.jpg

Nice evening.

x.jpg

Time to leave the FO to short it out I need a drink...

y.jpg

Leave them to it! I need a drink..

z.jpg

zz.jpg

Thanks J for a stunning piece of work.

Hope you enjoyed my story?

Dave.

Hi!

What LOWI scenery is this?   ORBX , justsim ?

Btw nice shots!

Hamilton Müller

It's Orbx LOWI.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

15 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Or he mean what he said since Aerosoft has had a version out for years.

Which is for fs9/fsx, not p3d...

1 hour ago, Raven9000 said:

The post never made mention which sim is being used in the screen shots. Probably why he asked Aerosoft or ORBX. Maybe he didn't know there was another version besides Aerosoft or ORBX. To the casual reader or simmer it's an easy to not know all of the available options in the payware market.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Works in P3D well enough for me, I prefer it to the JustSim version if I am honest.