Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Comparison of the MT6 models vs the UT2/Live models

Does someone know of a good place to see the difference between the UT2/Live models vs the MT6 models?

I'm not interested in the software itself but only the AI models since I do all my flying online on VATSIM. Up until now I've been using MT6 models but I've seen many people saying the UT2/Live models are generally of much higher quality.

Richard Åsberg

It's more of something you have to actually see in the sim and not as much from screenshots.  The differences are huge visually imo and contrary to many it's not from a tradeoff in performance or VAS. 

Better than either however for models and texture quality is from the freeware (FAIB, AIG, FSP, TFS etc).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks for the input and yes, screenshots might not be the best option here but was hoping to find some YouTube clip but so far I've only found reviews of the separate products and most of them very old.

I'm a bit tempted to get the new UTL package when I heard no models are FS9 models in combination with what I've heard they look very good.

Will do a more thorough search tomorrow and see if I can find something.

Richard Åsberg

The really common airliners (A320s, A330s, 737s, 747s etc) in UT are different models from MT and are pretty good actually. However the GA models, and many of the smaller jets like CRJs, ERJs, Fokkers, etc are still MT models (presumably under license from Burkhard for use in UT.) The MT models are, IMHO, completely out of place in a modern flight sim. If ALL you care about is operational realism, ie simply having more GA aircraft to deal with in the pattern etc, I guess it's OK, but if you care even a little bit about eye candy or visual realism, they're just awful. Here's a couple screenshots to demonstrate:

Lb9pAYK.jpg

TURrTbY.jpg

Of course we all understand you can't have super high def aircraft everywhere because performance will suffer, however, there *is* a balance to be achieved, which I think the non-MT models do quite nicely (only they focus on large commercial aircraft, not GA or smaller regionals.)

9 hours ago, molleh said:

The really common airliners (A320s, A330s, 737s, 747s etc) in UT are different models from MT and are pretty good actually. However the GA models, and many of the smaller jets like CRJs, ERJs, Fokkers, etc are still MT models (presumably under license from Burkhard for use in UT.) The MT models are, IMHO, completely out of place in a modern flight sim. If ALL you care about is operational realism, ie simply having more GA aircraft to deal with in the pattern etc, I guess it's OK, but if you care even a little bit about eye candy or visual realism, they're just awful. Here's a couple screenshots to demonstrate:

Lb9pAYK.jpg

TURrTbY.jpg

Of course we all understand you can't have super high def aircraft everywhere because performance will suffer, however, there *is* a balance to be achieved, which I think the non-MT models do quite nicely (only they focus on large commercial aircraft, not GA or smaller regionals.)

Excellent input, thanks a lot for sharing your view on this.

Richard Åsberg