Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

FireFox, getting duplicate threads

Guest Paul Heaney

Anyone getting Duplicate threads when viewing new posts here at Avsim? Any idea how to fix it?I'm getting these, nearly every time I check new messages, mostly near the bottom of the page, the thread is displayed twice, like a double post.Thanks to anyone who knows.

Hi,Most likely, IMHO, this is because you have too many programs running and your CPU resources or ram or video memory are getting eaten up and not enough is being allocated to Firefox for it to display properly.I get this when I run Multiplayer, FS9, Several tabs open, Flight Assistant, Voice Programs, etc.When I fly on line I just shut down Firefox.I have:1.2ghz Athlon512 mb ramGeForceFX 5600Hope This helps,JoeJOIN The AVSIM RTW RACE FLIGHT TEAM****************Grab My FREEWARE Cessna 172 Voice recognition Profile here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Paul Heaney

Thanks for the reply, I don't think it's a resource problem, I have a P4 3.8, 1GB Ram, Radeon X800 XT.

Then close everything except Firefox, demonstrate the problem still occurs, post your processes screen pic from task manager after clicking the CPU and/or mem/usage to show top programs using what amounts, and show a pic of your task bar so I can see what else is running.Then I may be convinced it is not one of the things I believe it is, or I may be able to further help you.ALso post a pic of what the problem looks like.Joe

So did you remedy the problem by closing programs or does it still exist?I see you never responded to what I listed trying to help you out.Sonar5

Guest Paul Heaney

I didn't feel like taking a multitude of screenshots to prove the problem still occured, thanks for the help, I've gone back to IE until it's fixed.

Great, Good luck with IE. Hope it works out for you.