Sign in to follow this  
skthomas

PMDG 777 Powers Down After Takeoff! Help!

Hello all,

I attempted a flight earlier in the 777 from KMIA to KJFK and when I got about 500 feet above ground during departure the aircraft shut down.  I lost all power,controls and electrical power? It is not happening with any other aircraft, Airbus or NGX.  Can anyone tell me of this is something that can be fixed using the 777 FMC in the maintenance section or is there something I am personally screwing up??

Thanks in advance.  

Just a wild hunch, but are you using a Saitek button pannel and did you just raise the gear? I had that happen to me once and it turned out that was the first thing I did with the panel that flight... The panel's driver only then woke up and started setting all FSX switches to match the physical ones, which happened to be on off mostly.

• Upvote 1

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, kthomas805 said:

something I am personally screwing up??

Sounds like something very weird is going on. Can you submit a ticket at the link in my signature, please?

Kyle Rodgers

Bert how did you fix your problem? It did occur right after I raised my gear.  I have all the saitek panels, and I use them with Spad.next but I also have FSUIPC.  

pedrotrindade And Idk what it would have to do with the mixture axis.  Please Enlighten me.

Kyle Rodgers it sounds like Bert may know how to fix this???

Just letting you guys know I fixed the problem.  If you have spad next or saitek panels you have to use them and match your actions that your taking with the mouse inside the flightdeck.  This is a pilot error not a PMDG error if you hear of it again.  Thanks guys. 

Sorry, I don't read every day. What I did was twofold: make sure the switches that are hard to match on the big airliners are aircraft-specific, and (sigh) start each flight with 'twiddling' a button just to make sure the initial synchronisation has been done.

Actually I use Linda for my buttons, but the Saitek Drivers do some things with key-mappings even if you don't use their dumb 'Smart Software'.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg