Sign in to follow this  

Interactive Equipment Changes

From the idiot who thought of the idea to choose between a clean and grubby flightdeck, I now present my latest weird idea!

You know how it's a pain to go and dig through the FMC (specifically on the new 744) to go and change that little setting that is hidden deep in the menus.  Well, here is my idea;

Allow us to go into the FMC and click a button and enter a mode where you can click on something and change its function/existence, for example, click the PVD area and click on that and change it between, original, adapted and non-existent.  Of course, to notice the difference between the adapted and original, a green bar of text may show to say which one is currently selected.  Another example is the 5th engine pod on RR 744's.  Simply enter that mode in in the FMC and go into the outside view and click on the wing!  Easy!  Now I'm sure one of you are thinking about that FMC and all of the hideously complex features that can be changed.  Simply enter that magical mode and go to the page that the change can be seen on. For example, I want to toggle between the FMC calculating weights or not, just go to the perf init page in the FMC and click  on the gross weight entry button and change it, again with the green bar noting specific changes such as 1 weight calculator and dual weight calculators.)

I think that this is a good idea that can really speed up customising your 747 to your heart's content!  This could probably be rolled down to other aircraft as well. :)

Now, as a note specific to Kyle and the rest of the [awesome and very tallented] development team.  I know, I'm gifted with my ideas :smirk: but I also know that these small features aren't financially feasible at the moment. :)

Edited by Guest
A few minor grammatical errors.

7 hours ago, Boeing777300 said:

Easy!

I can see you are not a developer or have any idea what kind of work is required to do what you say :D

• Upvote 1

Each click spot uses resources, even when not using it, and you only get so many.  Not to put you down, but speeding up the setting of settings is not where I hope PMDG spends significant time.  However, keep the brainstorming alive.

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, downscc said:

Each click spot uses resources, even when not using it, and you only get so many.  Not to put you down, but speeding up the setting of settings is not where I hope PMDG spends significant time.  However, keep the brainstorming alive.

Yep, I completely understand (and forgot to think about that while forming my idea!) and you make a good point. :)