Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

My X-Plane 11 Review

Nice review!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Nice review!

Thank you! Noticed some typos now and that I forgot to upload some cloud screenshots. Will correct both asap...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

8 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Very Good, unbiased / honest review of X-Plane 11 !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Excellent review. Many thanks for doing this. :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nice job on the review Mario!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

8 hours ago, Cellinsky said:

A very good and unbiased review despite being a dev itself. A german version would fit nicely on simflight.de...:happy:

Well, my German texts are for FS MAGAZIN. But I'm sure Karsten can write a good one.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Mario,

That was a fantastic and detailed review and many thanks for posting it. It maybe the primer that gets me back into simming as I've been away and burned out on MSFS for several years now. 

Regards,

Blake

Blake

Great review, especially for someone like me that has been in the FSX/P3D world for a long time and have been considering X-Plane.  I think it would be cool to add X-Plane as another sim but just the thought of having to set it up, add the required addons, etc. and maintain puts me off and I think I will stick to P3D.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Great review, especially for someone like me that has been in the FSX/P3D world for a long time and have been considering X-Plane.  I think it would be cool to add X-Plane as another sim but just the thought of having to set it up, add the required addons, etc. and maintain puts me off and I think I will stick to P3D.

If you can afford the $60 to get it, do it. You will find a ton of stuff free to improve it...more!. Use it for some time without spending a penny more. After a couple of months you can decide which way you might take,

• Upvote 1

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Its not that hard, and I can assure you the first night flight alone will really draw you in!! 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

That's a really thorough and unbiased  review. Your impressions are almost identical  to mine. Hah! That must be why.

Great review Mario!!! Your tourist section of the website was the turning point for me to get into XPlane. I really like your style of writing.

This review should help any one looking to get into Xplane!

Thanks for taking the time to write it and link it.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"