Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to reduce the volume of the FO's voice without reducing the whole FSX sound? My FO volume is currently to loud compared with the rest of the aircraft environment. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

6 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Is there a way to reduce the volume of the FO's voice without reducing the whole FSX sound? My FO volume is currently to loud compared with the rest of the aircraft environment. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi Stuart. Blimey, that's the opposite of my grumbles today. I was flying the A2A Comanche and couldn't darn well hear anything from MCE or Rc4...but may be an old age "deaf old coote" thing:-):-)

Tried the volume slider in the GUI, or the windows master volume mixer for MCE?

Cheers.

David

David, did you leave your earplugs in after your walk around inspection?  Or did you forget your hearing aid! 

😀😀😀

I wasn't sure whether the volume slider in the GUI relates to my voice via the mic or the FO. I didn't really want to amend the whole MCE volume via the Windows mixer, as the ATC volume is fine just wanted to tone down the FO. 

Cheers, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

6 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Thanks, 

Stuart

I too am having the same problem since I updated.

10 hours ago, STUART_H said:

David, did you leave your earplugs in after your walk around inspection?  Or did you forget your hearing aid! 

😀😀😀

I wasn't sure whether the volume slider in the GUI relates to my voice via the mic or the FO. I didn't really want to amend the whole MCE volume via the Windows mixer, as the ATC volume is fine just wanted to tone down the FO. 

Cheers, 

Stuart

As far as I know the GUI volume mixer is for the FO.

But since I am a bit deaf from those Turbo Union afterburners an me not wearing my ear defenders....I need everything loud anyway!:-):-):-)

Regards

David.

After having multiple problems and pretty much resetting MCE, the volume is now back to where it was prior to the update and all is well.

I seemed to be having various issues this afternoon; MCE not hearing my commands, etc.  So I reset to factory settings and ran the wizard... Still no change. 

Then realised that my mic on my headphones had been inadvertantly muted! Doh! 

Anyway having un-muted the mic and turned up FSX volumes, adjusted down the volume in the MCE GUI, I am now able to turn down the headphone volume to an acceptable level. Not sure whether the factory reset and rerunning the wizard etc helped, but at least volumes are better now. 

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373