Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Playsims VFR Photographic Scenery FSX entries?

Hello Everyone

I have installed FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration onto my system which is running Windows 10 Home Operating system

This has all gone well but I have encountered an issue when I installed Playsims VFR Photographic Scenery Version 3 Volume 1

Everything seemed to go fine but for some reason it did not automatically install and add the entries into the FSX Scenery Library but instead a message came up asking me to add the scenery manually

This is the first time I have had an issue with this and all I can think is Windows 10 must be the culprit

Could somebody please list what entries I need to add manually into the FSX Scenery Library in order to run this scenery properly.

I have to install Vol2 and 3 afterwards and I guess I am going to encounter the same issue

A few pointers would be really helpful

Thank you in advance

Paul 

Hi Paul,
When installing Horizon scenery in anything other than Windows XP never let the disc auto-run. Stop that process and right mouse click on the setup file then select run as administrator. That should resolve the problem.

As I made the patches for all the Horizon volumes you can still download those from the following location: -

http://arm-computers.co.uk/

Regards

Tony Meredith

Good afternoon

Firstly, Christopher ... please accept my apologises for not messaging you direct on my issue  ..... but thank you very much indeed for wanting to help me out  .....

Would you believe what I did in the end was to uninstall the 'full version 3 volumes' of the VFR scenery and reinstall Version 2 with the upgrade version 3 disks and guess what .....  everything installed perfectly fine without me having to edit the scenery library .... How bizarre is that!! 

But to both you and Tony thank you very much indeed ...

On a similar note I have encountered a problem with 'Scotflight Airfields Vol2 and Vol3 .... Now these definitely do not go into the scenery library without any help

I have located a folder called 'Main' but I am not sure if I should be renaming that and adding that to the scenery library

If you can shed any light on this .... some help on this would be most appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Paul

I have the download version of Scotflight, so I am not sure if the format is the same as the boxed Scotflight Airfields packages. However, I have two main entries for Scotflight in my Scenery Menu (Scotflight Photo and Scotflight Libraries). I suspect that the Scotflight Photo folder is similar to the "Main" folder that you refer to, but I am not certain....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hmmmmm  .. well it sort of worked but not satisfactory

Inside each of the the Scotflight Vol 2 and Vol 3 folders was a folder called 'Main' which I renamed to  'Mainvol2' and 'Mainvol3' so I could distinguish them within the FSX scenery library  ..... I also added the Scotflight Scenery Libraries folder too  ....

I didn't do anything in the Scenery cfg folder though as I presume it automatically adds the entries  ....

On firing up FSX the scenery is all there BUT after about 2 minutes the sim crashes with the obligatory 'Flight simulator has stopped working' message

Frustrating or what!!   Haha 

Paul  

Hi all

I’m new and hope to learn a lot from you experienced folks. Thanks in anticipation.

Back in 3rd April 2017. “Paul” asked help with virtually the same issue I now have...  it was so well worded, I’ll copy & paste his request, amending it to suit my situation....

Hello Everyone

I have installed FSX Deluxe and FSX SP1 & 2 onto my system which is running Windows 10 pro Operating system

This has all gone well but I have encountered an issue when I installed Playsims VFR Photographic Scenery for Southern Scotland (just purchased this past week from Flightstore)  

Everything seemed to go fine but for some reason it did not automatically install and add the entries into the FSX Scenery Library but instead a message came up asking me to add the scenery manually

This is the first time I have had an issue with this and all I can think is Windows 10 must be the culprit

Could somebody please list what I need to do to make all this work / add manually into the FSX Scenery Library in order to run this scenery properly.?

also - do I need to alter ‘scenery.cfg’?  How?

and.... again like Paul, I’ve also tried unsuccessfully loading a Scotflight Airfields package....  could someone tell me the steps for that too?  

How do I initiate utilising both in “free flight” on FSX?

sorry - real novice here... but I’m sure someone will help me  

i noticed “Christopher” private messaged Paul so the answer to his query is not on the forum  

“Christopher”.....Heeeeeeelp.... pleeeeeease!!

Grateful thanks

Markayr

12 hours ago, Markayr said:

Could somebody please list what I need to do to make all this work / add manually into the FSX Scenery Library in order to run this scenery properly.?

This link provides a good explanation.  The problem with installing FSX scenery has occurred since the fsx release in 2006 - https://www.nmgsimulations.co.za/how-to-add-scenery-into-fsx-fsx-steam-edition/#.W_Fl2-JRf-g

I would also suggestion you download and use the Scenery Config Editor -  https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/ .

More information about running FSX can be found in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10