Sign in to follow this  
Crokybird

Saitek MultiPanel Display in PMDG aircraft not updated

Hi CBird:

Sorry taking so long to answer.

I did what you described and it worked easy and fine. So, it is proved the problem is not with 777 variables access. It is all right. The issue should be at my LINDA module. I will perform other tests and let you know.

Thanks for your support.

Ok, problem persists. I'm still getting the error:

Syntax error!

...Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules
Line:
    54: attempt to call field 'Lvar' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    ...Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\linda\lua\tmp.lua:54: in main chunk

The odd thing is: LINDA is showing an error at line 54 of a tmp.lua file, while actually I am working on 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\linda\aircrafts\PMDG 777\user.lua

and the red line in error on the editor is the line #49.

It makes no sense at all.

I've found a similar issue at http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80810-lua-error-aerosoft-airbus-fs-linda/ but the solution was not clear.

I went check that tmp.lua file LINDA Editor is referencing on and I found those initial lines:

require("ipc")
require("event")
require("com")
function require () a = a end
dofile("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\FSX\\Modules\\linda\\system\\common.lua")

After that, it is a copy of my user.lua

Edited by Decio Pedroso
complementing

Hi Decio,

The tmp.lua file seems to be a core file of LINDA. I checked the contents of my tmp.lua file, and it starts with:

require("ipc")
require("event")
require("com")
function require () a = a end
dofile("C:\\FSX\\Modules\\linda\\system\\common.lua")
... and then a listing of System functions, but certainly not a copy of my user.lua.

This tmp.lua file is part of the installation package of LINDA (v2.9.6), so your tmp.lua files should be the same as mine if you are using LINDA v.2.9.6.

The event.LVAR function should be "activated" by the require("event") command in tmp.lua, so maybe the require("..")  commands do not work properly.
If it is the first time that the event.Lvar command is used in the user.lua file that you are editing, then this could mean that it is the first time that LINDA encounters a problem with this event.Lvar function, and then gives you an error in a core LINDA file.
However, I do not have real knowledge how LINDA works internally, so I think help is needed from ScotFlieger on this.

CBird

tmp.lua is a temporary file used for syntax checking by the LINDA Editor. It changes between edits. It should not be included in the delivered installation. You should not be playing with the \lua folder.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I checked a lot of recent LINDA installation packages (LINDA_2.9.x_Standard_vx.zip  ) and all zip-files have the tmp.lua file in the subfolder "Your Flt Sim Folder\Modules\linda\lua ". I agree that we (users) should not be playing with the \lua folder (I certainly am not), but Decio's error message seems to be pointing to this tmp.lua file.

The tmp.lua can be deleted. I have removed the file from the baseline. I have been working on an alternative method for the problem you raise to make it more generic. I will PM you later. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

As ussually, thank you for all your support and attention to this issue, folks.

CBird, actually I've never used 'event' instruction before, so, you probably right. It is not activated on my LINDA but I don't have any idea of what to do about.

Decio.

I suggest you hold off. I have been working on a simpler working model for users.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK