Sign in to follow this  
PhilipN

Problem with Frankfurt v8

I've been trying to use this file (https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=191302) to update the Frankfurt airport in my FSX (non-SE), but while it adds the new terminal branch with stands A58-A69, it doesn't get rid of the old buildings that were there before, so they block off access to a bunch of the stands.  Any way I can fix this?  I do have the scenery areas activated and in the correct priority order.

Is it possible that you still have an older or different version of the scenery active?  It might be worth a double check.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm pretty sure that this is the only EDDF scenery I have installed.  I also tried a newer scenery addon that really just had the two BGL files that you copy into /Addon Scenery/Scenery, and it seemed to have the same problem.

if the AFCAD you tried had the same issue then it's a very good bet that you have another AFCAD or scenery active.

In case you weren't aware, scenery will contain custom textures were AFCAD use default textures.

Also, it's never a good idea to add scenery or AFCADs by placing them in the Add On\scenery and Add On\Texture folders, this is true for a number of reasons and we should ignore an author's instructions to do so. Instead, simply create a main Scenery Folder (example: EDDF Frankfort V8) and a scenery anf if necessary a texture sub-folder and place the associated files in the correct locations, then add the scenery manually using the FSX or P3D Scenery Manager or other scenery such as Scenery Config Editor.

Remember that some scenery files go into the Main FSX\P3D Folder\Scenery\Global\scenery and Main FSX\P3D Folder\Scenery\Global\texture folders and\or Main FSX\P3D Folder\Scenery\World\scenery and\or Main FSX\P3D Folder\Scenery\World\texture folders. A bgl in one of these locations could be causing your issue.

BBest wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Phillip,

If Dave's suggestion failed to work, please contact the author of the files and he/she should be able to troubleshoot you further. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I should have mentioned it begore, but I used the subject scenery for several years, including previous versions. without any issues.

BBest wishes.

Dave Hodges