Sign in to follow this  
tremor595

Cielosim - (KJAX) Jacksonville on sale

Cielosim - (KJAX) Jacksonville is on sale at the flightsimstore at the moment. Cielosim also have a April sale on there website but not including KJAX or KPAO.

You can get it for 16,85EUR or 18.00USD or 23.55AUD

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=4023

Cielosim also have a April sale on there website but not including KJAX and KPAO.

http://cielosim.com/

Beautiful airport.  I got it before the sale...worth every penny.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yeah I got it a few weeks ago.  Did a night flight there.  The night lighting is amazing and blue lights especially.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I love this airport, beautiful achievement.... 

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Picked it up last night  ... It's a keeper! Cielosim did a nice job.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

It's also on sale at PC Aviator US for $17.96, but you also get an extra 10% off today.  Great price for a great airport.

Hi Folks,

With reviews like that and a decent price - how could I say no...

I'll get it loaded this weekend...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Is no one else having VAS problems with this airport? I kept getting OOMs, so I checked the VAS load and calculated that it was a stunning 1.1 GB just for the airport. (That's about twice what e.g. FT Amsterdam takes and 60% higher than what the PMDG 777 takes). I've been in touch with Cielosim and they sent me some tweaked files to make it a little better, but we're talking about savings of about 50 MB of VAS, which is peanuts. Is this somehow only a problem on my system?

James

Honanhal,

I have NO problem running KJAC scenery in my laptop averaging 30 fps in FSX.

You have NOT mentioned which flight sim but I am guessing you are using P3D which is of course notorious for OOM problems.  Also, you have NOT mentioned configuration of your pc system and whether you are using other memory resource extensive add ons such as payware planes or textures or so on.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Hi Aharon,

Good to know you've encountered no issues with it. I have absolutely no problem with FPS using the airport; I'm talking only about VAS, which as you mention can be connected to which sim (I'm using FSX-SE DX10, which I think is generally considered the most VAS-efficient platform).

I ordinarily use PMDG planes and Orbx Vector. But I've also disabled Vector and used default aircraft in testing Jacksonville to figure out what its VAS footprint is. Again, 1.1 GB. That's very, very likely to result in an OOM if you're landing at the airport in a PMDG aircraft, regardless of what other add-ons you use. Are you using the airport with no other add-ons like payware planes?

James

23 hours ago, honanhal said:

Is no one else having VAS problems with this airport? I kept getting OOMs, so I checked the VAS load and calculated that it was a stunning 1.1 GB just for the airport.

Just installed KJAX  this morning.  Nice looking airport, but using FSX in windowed mode, sitting at airport in Flight1 T182T,  no AI, only addon in dll/exe.xml is FSUIPC and FSUIPC is showing 1,251,824  bytes VAS remaining.  BTW, fsx.cfg follows AVSIM guide, so minimal changes.

It does appear, at least in FSX to be a VAS eater.   Still.. it's a nice looking airport and no regrets purchasing it.  I'll just have to manage the aircraft I use.

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

21 hours ago, honanhal said:

Hi Aharon,

DX10

Are you using the airport with no other add-ons like payware planes?

Shalom Honanhal,

Try disable DX10.   And I never use payware add on planes which are notorious for memory resource intensive.  The only exception is payware Overland Airbuses and Virtavia  C-17 Globemaster which never gives me memory problems.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

16 hours ago, airernie said:

Just installed KJAX  this morning.  Nice looking airport, but using FSX in windowed mode, sitting at airport in Flight1 T182T,  no AI, only addon in dll/exe.xml is FSUIPC and FSUIPC is showing 1,251,824  bytes VAS remaining.  BTW, fsx.cfg follows AVSIM guide, so minimal changes.

It does appear, at least in FSX to be a VAS eater.   Still.. it's a nice looking airport and no regrets purchasing it.  I'll just have to manage the aircraft I use.

Ernie

I don't have this airport yet but have you checked the texture folder of the airport to see if they are using a ton of 4096 or 2048 sized texture sheets? If so, that could explain the large VAS usage. If so, you could always downsize the textures to 1024 and see if that helps. Typically that's what I do with all my payware add on airports that come with textures over 1024 in size and even worse if they are 32bit rather than DXT.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

don't have this airport yet but have you checked the texture folder of the airport to see if they are using a ton of 4096 or 2048 sized texture sheets?

Thanks.  I haven't looked at them, but KJAX is supplied with 2048 x 2048 textures and my TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD setting is at 2048, so that's likely part of it.

However, even at that setting I get better performance with Flightbeam's KPHX and KDEN, so some of the issue is probably a lack of optimization on Cielosim's part.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I also had VAS problems on this scenery - FSX in the PMDG 747. Always started to ding before I finished my preflight. I could just watch the VAS count down. And that is with everything cut off (traffic and weather).

I can use the 747 at FSDream team Vancouver and use half the VAS I use at JAX.

Moved over to X-Plane now but hope one day they fix/optimize whatever it is.

My FSX is tweaked very well, btw.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"