Sign in to follow this  

Well about a month ago I was really looking forward to a change of pace and fly with ATC, after flying hundreds of hours without it.  Was greatly encouraged at the reviews of MCE and PF3.  Now after spending $100 and not being able to get them to work together I'm to the point where I've had about all I can take. The copilot refueses to put the gear and flaps up because he thinks they are already up. Then he won't put the gear and flaps down because he says the speed is too high.  I'm at 80 knots and about to stall and he still says the speed is too fast.  Flaps is 170 and gear is 130.  I can reach clearance and ground but cannot contact tower for takeoff.  I get to the destination airport and get vectored around for 20 minutes, can't get clearance to land.  Finally I just decide to land and approach tells me I'm radar contact 12 miles NW of the airport when I'm on short final, as I got tired of being jacked around.  This is happening every time I fly.  I spend more time trying to fix things than flying.  Expensive lesson.  Just too frustrated to keep trying to get this stuff to work.  Then after all of that I get an occasional smart remark from a freaking copilot that refuses to do anything.   All I want to do is fly.   I don't want to send files for someone to try and figure out my problem.  Most of the time I read posts like that from others and don't understand half of what they are talking about.  I'm not that good with computers.  All I want to do is get things fixed and fly.  Don't know what more to do.  About to go back to the silent flying method. 

I'm sure one of the guys will pop on and assist. But it sounds like MCE isn't reading the aircraft and simulator info. 

Have you set your simulator to run as administrator? If not find your simulator exe, right click and select properties. I think it's under the compatibility tab, select run as administrator.

see if that helps in anyway, just something to try! I had an issue once when MCE wasn't doing as I asked and I had forgotten to do this after a reinstall on a new machine.

Rob

6 hours ago, C130FE said:

Well about a month ago I was really looking forward to a change of pace and fly with ATC, after flying hundreds of hours without it.  Was greatly encouraged at the reviews of MCE and PF3.  Now after spending $100 and not being able to get them to work together I'm to the point where I've had about all I can take. The copilot refueses to put the gear and flaps up because he thinks they are already up. Then he won't put the gear and flaps down because he says the speed is too high.  I'm at 80 knots and about to stall and he still says the speed is too fast.  Flaps is 170 and gear is 130.  I can reach clearance and ground but cannot contact tower for takeoff.  I get to the destination airport and get vectored around for 20 minutes, can't get clearance to land.  Finally I just decide to land and approach tells me I'm radar contact 12 miles NW of the airport when I'm on short final, as I got tired of being jacked around.  This is happening every time I fly.  I spend more time trying to fix things than flying.  Expensive lesson.  Just too frustrated to keep trying to get this stuff to work.  Then after all of that I get an occasional smart remark from a freaking copilot that refuses to do anything.   All I want to do is fly.   I don't want to send files for someone to try and figure out my problem.  Most of the time I read posts like that from others and don't understand half of what they are talking about.  I'm not that good with computers.  All I want to do is get things fixed and fly.  Don't know what more to do.  About to go back to the silent flying method. 

When Windows UAC is enabled (it is by default when you don't know what it means), you MUST...

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder (don't change the destination installation folder).

2 - Set "fsx.exe" and/or Prepar3D.exe to run as administrator.

Right-click "fsx.exe", select "Properties". Go to <Compatibility> tab and ensure option <Run this program as administrator> is enabled, followed by apply.

This will ensure MCE gets simulator data as expected.

If you wonder why not just run MCE fully inside the simuator folder, well there is this big issue with VAS and the simulator potentially going out of memory because the speech engine would have consumed a big chunk of the VAS. This design, running MCE and the speech engine as an external process inside "mce.exe" is to ensure, your flight, the most valuable thing, is hardly if ever compromised.

6 hours ago, Helix1250 said:

I'm sure one of the guys will pop on and assist. But it sounds like MCE isn't reading the aircraft and simulator info. 

Have you set your simulator to run as administrator? If not find your simulator exe, right click and select properties. I think it's under the compatibility tab, select run as administrator.

see if that helps in anyway, just something to try! I had an issue once when MCE wasn't doing as I asked and I had forgotten to do this after a reinstall on a new machine.

Rob

Hi Rob.  Yeah, I've set everything to run as administrator.  Seems like nothing seems to work.  Just don't understand what is going on.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Appreciate it.

Rodger

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

When Windows UAC is enabled (it is by default when you don't know what it means), you MUST...

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder (don't change the destination installation folder).

2 - Set "fsx.exe" and/or Prepar3D.exe to run as administrator.

Right-click "fsx.exe", select "Properties". Go to <Compatibility> tab and ensure option <Run this program as administrator> is enabled, followed by apply.

This will ensure MCE gets simulator data as expected.

If you wonder why not just run MCE fully inside the simuator folder, well there is this big issue with VAS and the simulator potentially going out of memory because the speech engine would have consumed a big chunk of the VAS. This design, running MCE and the speech engine as an external process inside "mce.exe" is to ensure, your flight, the most valuable thing, is hardly if ever compromised.

I've done all that you said to do and still it does not work.  Matter of fact I have done this at least 3-4 times to ensure that I am set up to run as administrator.  I have even tried when I initially open FSX to fly I right click and run as administrator and still have the same problems.  I understand what your saying about VAS and all and it makes perfect sense.  Initially pretty much every thing worked well.  Copilot raised the flaps and gear.  But now for some reason, things are progressively getting worse, and I don't understand why.....Anyway, thanks for the help.  I'll go back and try again and see what happens.  Some of it I believe is problems with PF3 with the ATC problems. 

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder (don't change the destination installation folder).  This is exactly where it is installed.  Just wanted to be clear.  I have not put it any place other than where you said to put it.

Edited by C130FE

So I go back and try and start over.  I ensure that I am running FSX as administrator.  I set up MCE go thru voice recognition and then when I start up FSX I get this.

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program

FSInsider, version 2.6.6.4, Company: FS++ Limited, File: FSInsider.dll

I checked to see if the file was actually there and it is.

I rebooted the computer, opened FSX, still get the same message.

What do I do now?

Thanks for the help.

Rodger

14 hours ago, C130FE said:

All I want to do is fly.   I don't want to send files for someone to try and figure out my problem.  Most of the time I read posts like that from others and don't understand half of what they are talking about.  I'm not that good with computers.  All I want to do is get things fixed and fly.  Don't know what more to do.  About to go back to the silent flying method. 

Brother, I feel your pain. Get so tired of some addons, after putting your money down you have to spend hours searching forms and changing files hoping you don't mess something else up just to get the dang thing to work as advertised.

Vic green

C130FE,

Sorry to hear of your problems, but don't give up as MCE (in conjunction with RC4) is quite simply the best add-on around and has revolutionised my flying.

You'll also find the Customer Support is second to none!

TG.

Rodger,

Please try the following it should clear this problem (I had it a number of times and now know how to get it out of my way without fail):

1. Start "REGEDIT"
  2. Go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/AppCompatFlags/Layers
  3. Delete the key: C://Games//FSX//fsx.exe=$_RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSInsider.dll
  4. Close REGEDIT
  5. To run FSX as admin, you need to redo what Gerald indicated above again
  6. VERY IMPORTANT, please note that the next FSX start will show that same error message again, simply ignore it and click to proceed to the FSX UI. That's it, FSX should work normally and so should MCE.

If you are unfamiliar with REGEDIT, please be very careful as it is easy to mess things up, if you follow that procedure precisely, you are safe to go. Should you have any doubt, get back to this thread, we'll try to get you there.

1 hour ago, Jean-Claude said:

Rodger,

Please try the following it should clear this problem (I had it a number of times and now know how to get it out of my way without fail):

1. Start "REGEDIT"
  2. Go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/AppCompatFlags/Layers
  3. Delete the key: C://Games//FSX//fsx.exe=$_RUNASADMIN IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSInsider.dll
  4. Close REGEDIT
  5. To run FSX as admin, you need to redo what Gerald indicated above again
  6. VERY IMPORTANT, please note that the next FSX start will show that same error message again, simply ignore it and click to proceed to the FSX UI. That's it, FSX should work normally and so should MCE.

If you are unfamiliar with REGEDIT, please be very careful as it is easy to mess things up, if you follow that procedure precisely, you are safe to go. Should you have any doubt, get back to this thread, we'll try to get you there.

Jean-Claude, this procedure worked well.  I flew a flight from KMRY to KFAT and things went very well.  Communication was excellent.  There was one small problem for a stretch where Oakland center kept handing me off to the same 2 frequencies every 30-45 seconds with different squawk codes.  That went on about 5-6 times for about 5 minutes or so.  I appreciate everyones help.  Looks like things are back the way they should be.  I have no idea how they got like that but all is good now.  So thanks again.

Rodger

2 hours ago, C130FE said:

Jean-Claude, this procedure worked well.  I flew a flight from KMRY to KFAT and things went very well.  Communication was excellent.  There was one small problem for a stretch where Oakland center kept handing me off to the same 2 frequencies every 30-45 seconds with different squawk codes.  That went on about 5-6 times for about 5 minutes or so.  I appreciate everyones help.  Looks like things are back the way they should be.  I have no idea how they got like that but all is good now.  So thanks again.

Rodger

Regarding that regedit procedure referred to by Jean Claude.

This is something every flight simmer should know now, as it affects Windows 8.1 or Win 10 users. You won't see it under Windows 7

If for some reason FSX doesn't shutdown properly on your last session, Windows could randomly flag one of the dlls up as potentially unsafe and write something in registry to remind itself about it.

It can happen with ANY third party dll.

It took a while to figure that one out, and credit to Stuart_H for discovering the fix on FSUIPC forum.

You would think something is wrong with the dll, when actually it's just Windows trying to be preemptive.

That fsInsider.dll has been debugged over a decade.

2 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Regarding that regedit procedure referred to by Jean Claude.

This is something every flight simmer should know now, as it affects Windows 8.1 or Win 10 users. You won't see it under Windows 7

If for some reason FSX doesn't shutdown properly on your last session, Windows could randomly flag one of the dlls up as potentially unsafe and write something in registry to remind itself about it.

It can happen with ANY third party dll.

It took a while to figure that one out, and credit to Stuart_H for discovering the fix on FSUIPC forum.

You would think something is wrong with the dll, when actually it's just Windows trying to be preemptive.

That fsInsider.dll has been debugged over a decade.

Thanks, I'll remember that. 

To give credit where it belongs, I first learned about this procedure from FS++ excellent support, I could not retrieve who the initial source was (Stuart) - nor the thread - when writing my response but had carefully printed the procedure in my FSX "PAN PAN PAN files" as I have to use it once or twice a year, when one of my dll makes trouble on FSX start... So I am glad Gerald clarified this point and furthermore indicated the reason why this happens.

And hearing all this, makes me even more pleased that I've stuck with Win7!