Sign in to follow this  
Virtpilot

UTX and FTX Global

Hello,

I have both Ultimate Terrain Europe X and FTX Global installed on my P3D. The question is: should I disable some features from UTX? I mean, is there any duplicate, unnecessary features that might cause extra stress to the performance?

Cheers

Virtpilot

Tapani Österberg

Depends on what kind of flying you mainly do. If it's VFR you'll want as much detail as UTX can supply but if you're a tubeliner flyer stuff like minor roads etc can be safely made inactive. Just go to your UTX setup tools for each area you own. It's pretty self explanatory.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Hi Folks,

I have UTX at a lower priority than FTX Global and FTX Open Landclass  - meaning FTX Global and FTX Open Landclass takes precedence - seems to work very well together - nothing is disabled...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

FTX Global and open landclass are only texture replacements for the default ones , UTX is a vector software meaning it creates the roads, railrodes, cities, harbors and waterlines so they normally should always work well together, it becomes another story with FTX Vector and the full fat ORBX regions.

Herman

Thank you for your answers, the reason I asked this, is that since I bought and installed FTX Global, I have experienced small hiccups or pauses, maybe 1s long. Something I thought was because of these two products conflicting together somehow.

Tapani Österberg

Wait what? Can't believe some of the replies..

you are fine with both programs installed

FTX Global is just texture replacement

UTX is vector data and landclass data. 

So the two products implement 3 different things and do not conflict each other at all. 

Amazes me that folks happily spend money on add-on's without actually knowing what those add-on's do.

• Upvote 1

Actually to clarify the below statements a bit.

13 hours ago, electricman said:

FTX Global and open landclass are only texture replacements for the default ones , 

FTX Global is a texture replacement program that replaces all the default ground textures.

OpenLC is a land class program that tells FSX what textures to display in certain areas: cities, farms, forests, urban areas, etc. OpenLC also includes some custom textures for these areas.

13 hours ago, electricman said:

UTX is a vector software meaning it creates the roads, railrodes, cities, harbors and waterlines so they normally should always work well together, it becomes another story with FTX Vector and the full fat ORBX regions.

Herman

UTX also includes some landclass features and well and some customer textures for things like sport tracks, parking lots, cemeteries, etc. 

If your using Global, Open LC and UTX you may want to uncheck some of the landclass features as well as some of the custom landclass features and they can kind of clash with the Global and Open LC stuff. 

Personally I use the three above items and now only have UTX setup for vector options and have disabled all the landclass stuff and most of the custom landclass stuff.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Actually to clarify the below statements a bit.

FTX Global is a texture replacement program that replaces all the default ground textures.

OpenLC is a land class program that tells FSX what textures to display in certain areas: cities, farms, forests, urban areas, etc. OpenLC also includes some custom textures for these areas.

UTX also includes some landclass features and well and some customer textures for things like sport tracks, parking lots, cemeteries, etc. 

If your using Global, Open LC and UTX you may want to uncheck some of the landclass features as well as some of the custom landclass features and they can kind of clash with the Global and Open LC stuff. 

Personally I use the three above items and now only have UTX setup for vector options and have disabled all the landclass stuff and most of the custom landclass stuff.

Thank you, this was very informative answer. Have you deselected the UTX landclass items from your scenery library? 

Tapani Österberg

10 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

Thank you, this was very informative answer. Have you deselected the UTX landclass items from your scenery library? 

In the UTX manual they specify to never disable its features by deselecting them in the scenery.cfg. The proper way to disable certain UTX features like landclass and so forth is to open the UTX control panel and turn off the features there, then save and exit. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator