Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Lancair Legacy Problem

Not sure that this is the right place for an answer.  If not please point me in the right direction.  My favorite airplane the RealAir Legacy V2 landing gear will retract but will not extend.  I've reset the default settings, and have ensured that the crash detection is off in FSX.  I can't find anything anywhere as to how to reset the gear or fix it.  Been working on this for several days now just can't seem to find the fix.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Rodger

Could it be as simple as you are going too fast for the gear to extend?  I've seen this in plenty

of freeware models also!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In the Lancair Config Panel, did you try changing the suspension type? If it's set to "Grass" try "Tarmac" or vice versa.

HTH,

Greg

I had this same problem with the B60 Duke. I wrote to Rob about it and he gave me a definitive answer. You'll love this bit...I'm damned if I can remember what it was! A little bell is ringing very faintly and it's saying "Turn off crash detection" but don't quote me on that.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

How are you trying to extend it?  Clicking the gear handle?  Hardware button?  Pressing G?  Can you get it to go back down right after you take off?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Have tried all of the above suggestions and so far none have worked.    I'm thinking the only thing I can do is delete and reinstall.  However I can't seem to find the file.  This is a real bummer as I love flying that airplane. 

3 hours ago, C130FE said:

However I can't seem to find the file.

That's not good.  Have you tried logging into your account at RealAir and downloading another copy of the Lancair V2 .exe?  Won't cost anything to try... would be good to have a back-up for future installs.

Greg

12 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I had this same problem with the B60 Duke. I wrote to Rob about it and he gave me a definitive answer. You'll love this bit...I'm damned if I can remember what it was! A little bell is ringing very faintly and it's saying "Turn off crash detection" but don't quote me on that.

With the Duke the port leg wouldn't extend. It was an error in the Contact Points section, with a comma in one of the numbers instead of a full stop/point/period. 

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

2 hours ago, thefrog said:

With the Duke the port leg wouldn't extend. It was an error in the Contact Points section, with a comma in one of the numbers instead of a full stop/point/period. 

Hi thefrog!

I've this problem with the Duke! Can you tell me please what line I've to change in order to avoid this problem?

Regards 

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

ist it here:

point.0 =1,  0.82,  0.00, -3.75,  4000,  0,  0.633,  35,  0.13,  1.80,  0.35,   3.1, 3.1, 0,  152, 180 //Tarmac, non-castoring 
point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94,  6000,  1,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3,1, 2,  152, 200
point.2 =1, -8.04,  5.00, -3.94,  6000,  2,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3.1, 3,  152, 200

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

4 hours ago, thefrog said:

Ah yes! Now I remember. It was an error in the Contact Points section. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Was sure I had a backup file somewhere.  Finally found it.  Downloaded the installer now just getting the time to reinstall it.