Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Lufthansa.........Fleet

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked here. Looks like something went horribly wrong here. Tested D-ABTD. One thing I must point out is the standard -400s show up fine. The -400M does not show up in the Livery Manager after you install it.

Screenshot%20352_zpslm0g1rbb.png

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi Steve,

I checked my texture.cfg file and it looks like it should. I noticed something though. The content of the texture.cfg file of the standard 744 variant is different:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\Misc\Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON
fallback.2=..\texture.vc
fallback.3=..\texture.vccommon
fallback.4=..\texture.common400M
fallback.5=..\texture.common400
fallback.6=..\texture.common400GE
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture

The \PMDG 747-400\ is not there. Could it be why it does not work?

Best regards

35 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked here. Looks like something went horribly wrong here. Tested D-ABTD. One thing I must point out is the standard -400s show up fine. The -400M does not show up in the Livery Manager after you install it.

Seeing exactly the same thing.

9 minutes ago, alex98 said:

I don't believe so. The only reason the -400M has that section in the first place is if it didn't, it would be trying to search for textures in the PMDG 747-400M folder, and it wouldn't find the textures it needed, as some of the textures are in the PMDG 747-400 folder in order to save space. The standard -400 wouldn't have that section because it would already be searching for textures in the PMDG 747-400 folder.

One thing I did notice is that when I used the Operations Center to install the liveries, none of the -400M liveries showed up there. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

Hi,

I don't have this problem. All the M textures has been installed properly. And I used the Operations Center to install the liveries, and I can see the liveries in the -400M section of the OC.

4 minutes ago, abdelsa said:

Hi,

I don't have this problem. All the M textures has been installed properly. And I used the Operations Center to install the liveries, and I can see the liveries in the -400M section of the OC.

Not sure what you're using, but I was using FSX Steam Edition when this happened.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

This is bizarre for sure.

I installed the package on to my laptop that had not had any of the planes installed before.

When I install them using the Ops Center and they installed and displayed just fine.

49 minutes ago, alex98 said:

Hi Steve,

I checked my texture.cfg file and it looks like it should. I noticed something though. The content of the texture.cfg file of the standard 744 variant is different:

[fltsim]
fallback.2=..\texture.vc
fallback.5=..\texture.common400
fallback.6=..\texture.common400GE

Best regards

Hey Alex,

They will be different between the normal 400 and the M because they are in different folders and the M needs files in normal 400 folder so it's paths are in the texture config files.

The 400 file should look like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.2=..\texture.vc
fallback.4=..\texture.common400
fallback.5=..\texture.common400GE
fallback.6=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\texture

and the 400M like this:

[fltsim]
fallback.2=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.vc
fallback.3=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon
fallback.5=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400
fallback.6=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400GE

I'm not sure what is causing the issues, but both of you had preview versions from me, and there might be a chance we changed up the folders from when you received the preview and the release version.

If you guys are not successful in figuring out your issue, can you please uninstall all the LH aircraft using the "Remove" red button in the OPs Center, then delete all the LH aircraft folders.  You can leave the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder in the MISC folder if it contains 9 files.  

I recall we originally put the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder in the PMDG folder, but I moved it out of the PMDG folder structure after we found it caused issues.  Can you guys check to see it your Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON is in the correct place?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm not sure what is causing the issues, but both of you had preview versions from me, and there might be a chance we changed up the folders from when you received the preview and the release version.

This wouldn't have had anything to do with it in my situation, as I had deleted the preview version you had sent me once i had confirmed that everything was working.

If you guys are not successful in figuring out your issue, can you please uninstall all the LH aircraft using the "Remove" red button in the OPs Center, then delete all the LH aircraft folders.  You can leave the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder in the MISC folder if it contains 9 files.  

The problem is that the -400M doesn't even show up in the Operations Center when being installed. Only the standard -400s show up. To delete it would require manually going into the aircraft.cfg and deleting entries, and then deleting the texture folders, which I have done. This has happened in both FSX boxed and Steam.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I didn't realize you had to select the aircraft variant. Oops.

I recall we originally put the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder in the PMDG folder, but I moved it out of the PMDG folder structure after we found it caused issues.  Can you guys check to see it your Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON is in the correct place?

Yes, I have it in the right place, as I remember specifically testing this initially. This would be irrelevant in this case as the textures in that folder show up fine.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I figured it out. You have too many fallbacks in your texture.cfg. I tested it out by moving the fuselage textures into a plane that I knew worked: my own plane. This shows up as such:

Screenshot%20353_zpswfpeuyp2.png

Of course, I am sure it is obvious that the wings and engines are from my plane. So I had a look at the texture.cfg and noted that there were six fallbacks. I added one more to see what would happen, so now there were seven. Shows up as above. I added one more to see what would happen, and....

Screenshot%20354_zpsmdmsxtia.png

This happens. All of a sudden, I don't have fuselage textures....or engine textures, for that matter, as my engines are in the main texture folder. At least in FSX, the limit for fallbacks is seven. Do you really need this one?

Alex, delete the above line in the texture.cfg, and renumber 8 to 7, see what happens. I think you'll have it working now. In the meantime, I'm going to go put my plane back now.

Screenshot%20355_zpsad4bh1zp.png

There we go. Looks much better now.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

17 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Alex, delete the above line in the texture.cfg, and renumber 8 to 7, see what happens

Yes!! It works! Thanks Kevin

3 minutes ago, alex98 said:

Yes!! It works! Thanks Kevin

Excellent. I only mentioned that specific line because it wasn't in the original texture.cfg, and I don't know that any textures were added into that particular location that would warrant that line being there. I guess now we know there's a fallback limitation at least in FSX. Can't have more than seven.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Good job guys!

Had no idea the texture.cfg properties are different between FSX and P3d.  Either way, glad you figured it out.

I'll update the instructions in the download to have FSX users delete the last 2 lines in the texture.cfg.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Good job guys!

Guys? Plural? I think I was the one doing all the work here. Alex just tested it out and confirmed what I discovered.:ohmy::mellow::biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'll update the instructions in the download to have FSX users delete the last 2 lines in the texture.cfg.

I never mentioned the last line because I saw it in the original texture.cfg, and although I doubt the PMDG 747-400 installed anything there, I wasn't going to move something that was initially already there. That's why I only mentioned line 7.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Guys? Plural? I think I was the one doing all the work here. Alex just tested it out and confirmed what I discovered.:ohmy::mellow::biggrin:

Outstanding job Kevin :biggrin::wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg