Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Lufthansa.........Fleet

Hey guys,

Inspired by a fellow simmer (and former Lufthansa 747 pilot) who requested it, I've been working on the Lufthansa fleet.

When I'm finished I'll share them with our community.:wink:  I'll most likely make 2 packages to keep the file size down and split the fleet in half.  I won't be including any special liveries for this package (the "50 Years" you see below is already in the library and won't be in the package, it was my 1st PMDG 747 paint).

Here is what I have done so far....

x47f40.jpg

Here are a few more pics of what you'll be getting:

Reworked all the textures, especially the vertical tail, which now has custom shading painted in and adjusted colors (it looks very real IMO).  You'll see the grime & wear around the cargo doors and a light application under the pax doors.

kUGs7k.jpg

bR7H4M.jpg

White engine spinners....

ABAqFd.jpg

White wings with accurate text placement of the warning text.

2UrG1E.jpg

I may have the 1st batch ready this weekend if real life does not get in the way.

The package(s) will be zipped files with PTPs for each registration, so you can just install the ones you want...I didn't want to go the texture folder route and make you guys sludge through modifying anything to install the liveries.  It was more work, but will make things much easier for you guys.

This will be my first fleet paint, and since its my favorite airline and I had a special request for it, I thought after 15 years of painting it was time for me to paint a fleet. :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yay, more Lufties! Cant wait for that Steve, love your 50years paint, an absolutely gorgeous bird

Brilliant, can't wait Steve, thanks.

Looking really great Steve!! Cant wait to fly these birds!

Best regards

Steve, do you reckon this fellow simmer and former LH747 pilot could provide an accurate config file for the fleet pack?

That's awesome! The colors are fantastic, especially the orange of the logo.

There is one thing I noticed though, I hope I'm not nitpicking with this. The dark grey belly is not one straight line from the nose to the tail, it's actually lower behind the wing so that it blends in with the flaps when they are retracted. It's hard to notice on photos since it is only clearly visible when the flaps are retracted. LH does this on all aircraft types, including the Germanwings fleet.

Again, please don't get me wrong! I just wanted to let you know since you're clearly putting a lot of work into these. :)

eumAX9B.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys!   I think you'll enjoy this series of repaints.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:37 AM, rondon9898 said:

Beautiful Steve, you're a very talented painter. You don't want to do the KLM fleet too, do you?:biggrin:

Hey John....that would not be a far-fetched idea...I really like KLM too and have actually painted her on the other 747, I have it in my plans to move those textures over to the mighty PMDG version.

From what I've learned painting the LH fleet (some short-cuts and faster methods to replicate the main textures while only changing the airframe-specific items), I'm more comfortable with the process.  The only extra hitch with the KLM fleet is that they put the reg number on the wing.  Painting it could be challenging if the reg spans a break in the wing texture (I haven't explored that yet).

If I do decide to tackle the KLM fleet, can I count on you to do research for me when I need info on a particular airframe?

5 hours ago, Woozie said:

Steve, do you reckon this fellow simmer and former LH747 pilot could provide an accurate config file for the fleet pack?

Hey Lars, I'd be delighted to get an accurate LH config to include in the package.  My email address is in the readme file of all my paints here in the avsim library (its a requirement).  Send it to me and I'll include it and thanks for the contribution!  I'm sure you'll get early access to the package to verify that I did it right :wink: (I've not done it before but I have an idea on how to do it and sure that there are instructions in the PMDG documentation)

2 hours ago, OuterMarker said:

That's awesome! The colors are fantastic, especially the orange of the logo.

There is one thing I noticed though, I hope I'm not nitpicking with this. The dark grey belly is not one straight line from the nose to the tail, it's actually lower behind the wing so that it blends in with the flaps when they are retracted. It's hard to notice on photos since it is only clearly visible when the flaps are retracted. LH does this on all aircraft types, including the Germanwings fleet.

Again, please don't get me wrong! I just wanted to let you know since you're clearly putting a lot of work into these. :)

eumAX9B.jpg

Hey Jan, I'm always open and appreciative of any tips that will make my paints better!

Thanks for catching that, I will make the fix before I release the fleet, and send you an early preview so you can validate I got it right. :wink:

On 4/5/2017 at 2:18 AM, Woozie said:

Yay, more Lufties! Cant wait for that Steve, love your 50years paint, an absolutely gorgeous bird

Hey Lars,

I'll also be including VH in the fleet package, so if you want the updated vert. tail on the 50 years paint, you just have to copy the non-50 Years tail over and you'll have it on that livery too. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Lars, I'd be delighted to get an accurate LH config to include in the package.  My email address is in the readme file of all my paints here in the avsim library (its a requirement).  Send it to me and I'll include it and thanks for the contribution!  I'm sure you'll get early access to the package to verify that I did it right :wink: (I've not done it before but I have an idea on how to do it and sure that there are instructions in the PMDG documentation)

I think you got me wrong, i'm only an armchair pilot ;) I was referring to your remark in the initial post: 

On 4/5/2017 at 3:26 AM, Steve Dra said:

Hey guys,

Inspired by a fellow simmer (and former Lufthansa 747 pilot) who requested it, I've been working on the Lufthansa fleet.

I was wondering if the former LH747 pilot who inspired you to create the fleet package would be able to provide an accurate config ;)

And glad to hear you gonna include the standard VH, even more options for us then :)

NB: You quickly became one of my favorite painters, love your work and thanks for the time you invest to provide us such gorgeous repaints....for free! 

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

I think you got me wrong, i'm only an armchair pilot ;) I was referring to your remark in the initial post: 

I was wondering if the former LH747 pilot who inspired you to create the fleet package would be able to provide an accurate config ;)

And glad to hear you gonna include the standard VH, even more options for us then :)

NB: You quickly became one of my favorite painters, love your work and thanks for the time you invest to provide us such gorgeous repaints....for free! 

Hey Lars,

I chatted with him and he's giving me an accurate config file from when he fly her a few years back. (about 4 years ago). I'll include this one in the package and if anyone would like to update it on their download to today's config they are welcomed to do so.

Thanks for the complement. Over the years I've refined my process and the time I spent on non-painting steps that are necessary for a paint to go from the master to the finished version you fly has been drastically reduced....leaving me more time to improve the actual painting part.:smile:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

If I do decide to tackle the KLM fleet, can I count on you to do research for me when I need info on a particular airframe?

I shall help you out in any way I can, and I'm sure some of my fellow simmers at my virtual airline will chip in too.

That's great news! I shall look forward to it!