Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Lufthansa.........Fleet

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, Brian_A_Neuman said:

It is in the library. I have Series 1 and 2 linked up for you. Should be good to go.

Hi Pilot, do you know where to find Lufthansa livery for PMDG 747 V2 (legacy).?

Patricio Valdes

42 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Hi Pilot, do you know where to find Lufthansa livery for PMDG 747 V2 (legacy).?

What do you mean by Legacy? The old PMDG model or a retro livery?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

31 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

I'm thinking the old PMDG model since he has indicated in another thread that he does have the older 747 V2.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

12 hours ago, abdelsa said:

Just copy a pmdg_747X_fuselage2.dds file from any other LH paint and overwrite the existing one in the ABVA folder.

Hey guys this is exactly right.  I just missed the file in the ABVA folder.  The pmdg_747X_fuselage2.dds file is identical in all the paints.  I would have put it in the common folder but there is a slight difference with the side cargo door on the M model or else I would have.

So Abdelsa's advice is sound as long as you take the file from the standard 400 paints and not any of the M's....or you'll have part a cargo door on it. :)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I would have put it in the common folder but there is a slight difference with the side cargo door on the M model or else I would have.

Technically, you could probably still do that, and just leave the fuselage texture for the M model in the livery folders for those planes. I would think if it found the texture in the main texture folder for the plane, it wouldn't resort to the fallbacks to find them. Of course, I've never tested this before, so I wouldn't know what would actually happen.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

2 hours ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

I am talking Lufthansa livery for PMDG 747 400 Queen of the Skies for FSX      VERSION v2.10.0040

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm thinking the old PMDG model since he has indicated in another thread that he does have the older 747 V2.

I guess the PMDG 747 V2 became legacy because of the release of V3. I might be wrong sorry if mistakenly I called Legacy to the version 2.

Patricio Valdes

5 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I guess the PMDG 747 V2 became legacy because of the release of V3. I might be wrong sorry if mistakenly I called Legacy to the version 2.

I kind of figured I knew what you were referring to, I was just answering Brian's question since he didn't appear to be sure what you were asking for.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

32 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I kind of figured I knew what you were referring to, I was just answering Brian's question since he didn't appear to be sure what you were asking for.

Many thanks my Colonel.....sorry, Captain Kevin. Before the release of the V3 I used to download liveries from precisionmanuals.com but now is gone. Unfortunately I don't have Lufthansa for the version 2 in my new PC. I will take a look at my old computer I might be lucky. Rest well tonight.

Patricio Valdes

On 5/7/2017 at 6:55 PM, trisho0 said:

Many thanks my Colonel.....sorry, Captain Kevin. Before the release of the V3 I used to download liveries from precisionmanuals.com but now is gone. Unfortunately I don't have Lufthansa for the version 2 in my new PC. I will take a look at my old computer I might be lucky. Rest well tonight.

You can certainly check the Avsim.com library and see if a 3rd party painted it up. If the old livery's are gone from the PMDG website, you will want to reach out to them, they would have a better idea where they went.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

2 hours ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

You can certainly check the Avsim.com library and see if a 3rd party painted it up. If the old livery's are gone from the PMDG website, you will want to reach out to them, they would have a better idea where they went.

Thanks.... I will do some research. On weekend I will check my old PC, I might have it.

Patricio Valdes