Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Lufthansa.........Fleet

Thanks guys (again)

Hey John, Christian is an awesome painter and I admire his work and effort as well!  

I'll want to take a break after the LH fleet, but I'll send you a spreadsheet with the data I would need to do a KLM fleet, then we'll make decisions from there.  If the legwork finding all the data and reference material I need could be done by someone besides me, I could focus on the the painting part. :wink:

Hey JJ,

I don't want to confuse folks about memory saving...its not saving anything that would count towards the dreaded VAS unfortunately, its only saving 540mb of HDD space.  However, I'm sure most of us can remember when we didn't even have hard drives with a total of 500mb capacity...so we've come a looong was since then. :)   Saving HDD space is good no matter how much, so I'm being a good steward of my fellow simmer's HDD space.  And as far as being genius...I see is as just knowing how things work in FS and utilizing built-in features when they are needed and worth the extra one step to make it all work.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,

Fully understood, HDD space not contributing to VAS but when you have tons of aircraft, repaints, scenery etc, this still piles on the pounds on my old HDD or the SDD :) I just appreciate you doing that little bit extra for us all so we can enjoy the LH fleet :mellow: I applaud you. 

JJ

57 minutes ago, jjlittler said:

Steve,

Fully understood, HDD space not contributing to VAS but when you have tons of aircraft, repaints, scenery etc, this still piles on the pounds on my old HDD or the SDD :) I just appreciate you doing that little bit extra for us all so we can enjoy the LH fleet :mellow: I applaud you. 

JJ

Hey JJ, I figured you knew that...but I just didn't want someone to quickly scan your post and read "OMG 540mb VAS savings....he's my hero" type of thing...hehe.

Trust me, if I could somehow do that, I'm sure the dev's would be knocking at my door....LOL.

I'm in the final stages of validation....I'm just about ready to send it to a few select folks for a final check then I'll upload the 1st series of 10 aircraft.  Sadly while validating, I noticed that the pen I painted does not have discreet textures for each side of the cockpit (i.e. the texture is mirrored for the pen and it's corresponding clip).  So while the "Lufthansa" text looks really cool on the FO's side, its reversed when the pen displays on the pilot's side.  So I'll just be including the logo.  In case you didn't notice...certain cockpit items display randomly, so I was so excited when I saw the pen on the FO's side when I 1st painted it...figuring I was good to go.  But when I got to validating my 5th paint (ABVT)...the pen showed on the pilot's side and thus my discovery.  I wouldn't expect PMDG to add any additional textures for the pen just for this purpose...so please don't think I'm harping on that in any way, just an observation and a heads up for folks customizing their Queens. :wink:

7FFXqt.jpg 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Proposed readme file instructions.....let me know if it makes sense.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

This is a the 1st in a series of 3 paint packages, covering the entire Lufthansa fleet for the PMDG 747V3 for FSX and P3D
Liveries in this package:
D-ABVO
D-ABVP
D-ABVR
D-ABVS
D-ABVT
D-ABVU
D-ABVW
D-ABVX
D-ABVY
D-ABVZ

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!
Step 1.
Use the PMDG OPS CENTER to install any/all of the paints of your choice into your fleet.

Step 2.
Copy the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder included in this zip file to your FSX-or-P3d main folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400 folder.
This folder contains all the common files for all the LH fleet aircraft in this and the next 2 packages (there will be a total of 3 packages with 10 aircraft each, covering all the registrations LH flew).
IMPORTANT NOTE:  You will only have to do this ONCE.  If you install the other packages, they will use these common files as well. 
The Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder will be included in all 3 packages for those who only want the particular aircraft contained within them thus they only download that package.

**************************************************************************************************************************************'

FYI, the entire package with 10 paints and the common folder is only 44mb zipped. :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1st one to evaluate and provide feedback to the instructions gets an early release candidate of the package to review. :wink:  (I'm really trying to get this wrapped up and uploaded to give our European simmers a full weekend to go LH crazy, hehe.) 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Instructions appear to be fine to me.

Thanks Kevin,

Based on feedback from one of my users I'm making a slight change to the location of the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder.  I'm moving it out of the PMDG folders so the OPs Center won't bark at it, hehe (it sees it and notes there is no aircraft associated with it.)  It will now reside in the FSX-or-P3d main folder\SimObjects\MISC folder.  So the instructions will change to:

***************************************************************************************************************************************

This is a the 1st in a series of 3 paint packages, covering the entire Lufthansa fleet for the PMDG 747V3 for FSX and P3D
Liveries in this package:
D-ABVO
D-ABVP
D-ABVR
D-ABVS
D-ABVT
D-ABVU
D-ABVW
D-ABVX
D-ABVY
D-ABVZ

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!
Step 1.
Use the PMDG OPS CENTER to install any/all of the paints of your choice into your fleet.

Step 2.
Copy the Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder included in this zip file to your FSX-or-P3d main folder\SimObjects\Misc folder.
This folder contains all the common files for all the LH fleet aircraft in this and the next 2 packages (there will be a total of 3 packages with 10 aircraft each, covering all the registrations LH flew).
IMPORTANT NOTE:  You will only have to do this ONCE.  If you install the other packages, they will use these common files as well. 
The Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON folder will be included in all 3 packages for those who only want the particular aircraft contained within them thus they only download that package.

**************************************************************************************************************************************'

Check your PM in a few mins Kevin.  If you could test one or two livery installs to see if you get any errors and let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Was climbing thru the clouds at dusk, doing a final check...grabbed this shot: (I can never get tired of flying this time of day)

dzHgXK.jpg

Just waiting for some feedback then I'll upload the 1st fleet release to the library. :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

OMG... I can't wait to fly her!!!!

Edited by Pablo Vazquez

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

41 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Lucky I actually had time to test this since I'm presently in front of my desk. Otherwise it may have taken me a while if I was at work.

Thanks Kevin!

So no errors from the OPS Center when you installed and opened them up?

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

25 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Kevin!

So no errors from the OPS Center when you installed and opened them up?

That is correct. Only got a chance to test one livery, but I assume the other nine are the same.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Just now, Captain Kevin said:

That is correct. Only got a chance to test one livery, but I assume the other nine are the same.

Yep, all the others are setup the same way, I verified each texture.cfg file to validate its pointing to the right folder, so it should all be good.  Thanks for the info and test Kevin!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

OK guys, just uploaded to the library.  Please report back here if you experience any problems, and enjoy the 1st ten LH repaints in the 3 part series!

0May3l.jpg

Here is the custom dirt on the nose wheel and around the forward cargo door

dIXvhO.jpg

And the mains....

4tiOdM.jpg

The custom tail texture and of course some dirt and wear around the cargo door.

EPGDgr.jpg

I'll be resting a bit after this....seeing LH blue and yellow spots in my eyes! LOL   I'll update this post when I get the rest of the fleet underway.  Post some screenshots in the Screenshot forum if you guys take the girls anywhere interesting.:wink:

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Stupid question... where do we get it from?... AVSIM Library?

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg