Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Flight Video (Real)

My 4th flight lesson. C172 out of 032 (Reedley Muni) Enjoy!Approx 25MBwww.idratherbeflying.net/Videos/ReedleyFlight1.wmv

Guest Terry_ABQ

Nice film and flying. I never have seen covered tie downs like that before.TerryPS: The windcreen looked dirty or real crazed.

Yeah the camera made it a point to make sure to show you all how dirty the windshield was lol. Next time I go flying, I'm going to me manually setting the focus and color balance. Obviously the autofocus doesnt work too well and the color balance doesnt either. Thanks for the comments :)

Guest B52Drivr

Todd,Really nice FS video . . . Just kidding, a great 'real' video Congratulations, you are on your way to becoming a real aviator -- from an old pilot with a slew of hours just a few things:Yeah, a clean windscreen makes it tons easier to see . . .if it is crazed as bad as it looks in the video, I think there is a process that they can re polymer coat it to remove the scratches. Just a thought as I know it's probably NOT your aircraft.Lastly, not sure if it was the camera angle or an optical illusion, however if you are a bit off center of the center line in the runway, this early in your training you want to concentrate on hitting that center line every time and keeping it there. In a real hairy landing, in bad weather some day it just might save your aircraft and your life.Again, congratulations . . . it's always nice to see a fresh pilot join our ranks. Keep up the great work.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

"...not sure if it was the camera angle or an optical illusion, however if you are a bit off center of the center line in the runway..."No you're right... I am off the centerline. I haven't fully gotten the hang of the rudder pedals yet so I'm still working on that. But keeping it on centerline is something I do plan on focusing on. Thanks for sharing your advice.

Yeah you landed perfectly on the right side of the road. Would be bad to land on the wrong side ;)What is it that makes those noises prior to touchdown. Is it the ailerons when you flare?

The wailing sound? Thats the stall warning horn. Ideally, you want the stall warning to go off during the flare... usually just before the touchdown.

Guest glnflwrs

Great flying for only your fourth lesson. Fresno huh? I'm in Hesperia (L26) about umpteen miles south near Victorville.Todd, Re: centerline. Try to focus on the far end of the runway paying only as much attention to the threshold as is needed to land there. Focusing down the runway to the far end gives a little better perspective on the centerline.My two cents. Glenn"When a man learns how much he doesn't know compared to how much there is to learn, he starts getting smarter."

Nice video.... I hope you could see better on the "sunward" leg than your video camera could!I fly out of KCCR (Buchanen, in Concord) - never done a X-Co to Fresno, one of these days prolly.Richard