Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Little NavMap compatibiity with Aivlasoft's EFB??

Whenever I open a flight Plan created with Little NavMap in Aivlasoft's EFB I get an uncommanded exception error.  These same flight plans open without error in FSX classic and AS2016 and can be exported to the F1 GTN 750. However, if i first open a Little NavMap created plan in Plan-G then export to FSX and then open in Aivlasoft EFB I don't get the error.  So what gives is there some compatibility issue between Little NavMap and Ailasoft's EFB?  Suggestions appreciated.  Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I can only advice to open the two file with notepad and check what's wrong and report to developers.

Is the developer of Aivlasoft still working on V2?

Bruce,

maybe the EFB does not like the XML comment I'm leaving in the file. That's all what I can think of.

Open the file in a text editor and remove the whole line which looks like:

<!-- Created by Little Navmap Version 1.2.4 (revision c9478a9) ....  -->

I'll add an option to omit this in the next release since I use it to store much more information like approach names.

Send me the plan or attach it here if that does not help.

Alex

I can confirm the crash, and that removing the comment helps against the crash (AivlaSoft EFB 1.6.8.33245).

*sigh*. First program which fails on these comments. Who volunteers to teach them XML? :smile:

Anyway, I plan to put more stuff into these comments and will add an option to save clean files.

Thanks for reporting, gents.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Thanks that edit to the *.pln file did the trick.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."