Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Passener Model--cargo doors

Could somebody kindly point me in the right direction, please.

Powered by GPU(one side only), Hyd Pump #4 at AUX position, I was only able to open the Bulk Cargo door. I just could not get the Aft or Fwd Cargo doors to open. Was I doing something incorrect?

31 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Powered by GPU(one side only)

Why did you do it this way? This is only for the nose and main deck side cargo doors on F models.

Treat the pax model like every other Boeing pax model.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the GSX addon at the time, I forgot to add. So, all I did was look in FS Actions-Doors-Page 3 where I saw the options to open Bulk Cargo, Aft Cargo, Fwd Cargo. Was that the incorrect page to go to, or the incorrect way to do it. Was I doing it wrong using a GPU? I could see anything related to doors in the Tutorial.

I was using the Air India repaint installed via the OC.

Thanks for yr input, Kyle

27 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the GSX addon at the time, I forgot to add. So, all I did was look in FS Actions-Doors-Page 3 where I saw the options to open Bulk Cargo, Aft Cargo, Fwd Cargo. Was that the incorrect page to go to, or the incorrect way to do it. Was I doing it wrong using a GPU? I could see anything related to doors in the Tutorial.

I was using the Air India repaint installed via the OC.

Thanks for yr input, Kyle

You need to have either APU GEN 2 or EXT PWR 2 connected and online to power the ground handling bus that powers those doors. That applies to cargo versions as well as passenger versions.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks, Kevin

Appreciated. Will do. Making my very first flight with this newly-purchased PMDG. So immersive. Great job, PMDG.

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

Powered by GPU(one side only), Hyd Pump #4 at AUX position, I was only able to open the Bulk Cargo door. I just could not get the Aft or Fwd Cargo doors to open.

Only Airbuses require hydraulics for cargo doors ;) Boeing uses electrics only (unless they changed it on the 787?)

Which one side did you power? (1 or 2?)

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

On 05/04/2017 at 11:46 PM, kevinh said:

You need to have either APU GEN 2 or EXT PWR 2 connected and online to power the ground handling bus that powers those doors.

Please note that on a passenger aircraft or a freighter, you can't get lower lobe cargo doors to move if only  #2 Ext is plugged in and only the #2 APU Gen is operating (i.e. #1 APU gen is faulty) faulty..

Only Ext #1 or APU #1 can power the Ground Handling Bus. Even if you have the #2 power souces powering the whole ship, you won't get the lower lobe doors to open.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

Please note that on a passenger aircraft or a freighter, you can't get lower lobe cargo doors to move if only  #2 Ext is plugged in and only the #2 APU Gen is operating (i.e. #1 APU gen is faulty) faulty..

Only Ext #1 or APU #1 can power the Ground Handling Bus. Even if you have the #2 power souces powering the whole ship, you won't get the lower lobe doors to open.

Cheers

OK, I welcome your correction, but it would be much more helpful if you also explained how these doors should be working. I had assumed that PMDG had coded this correctly and therefore concluded that the GH bus was powered by EXT #2 or APU GEN #2 because that was what made the lower deck doors work. I didn't check the FCOM to see if that was correct. With only EXT PWR #1 available and connected the lower deck cargo doors will not operate.

ki9cAAb.jpg

FCOM 6.20.5 Ground Handling Buss is powered on the ground when APU 1 or EXT 1 is available, if both then EXT 1 is used. The DC Power Schematic is missing from the copy that PMDG got from Boeing apparently.  The use of the work 'available' is open to interpretation such as is it available but not ON?  I have a NGX session in progress and cannot check for myself how the PMDG simulation works... Robert personally modeled the electrical system and is normally very good at getting it correct.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 hours ago, kevinh said:

OK, I welcome your correction, but it would be much more helpful if you also explained how these doors should be working.

It's difficult to describe without an electrical schematic, but further to Dan's post....

The lower lobe cargo doors are on the Ground Handling Bus (not the Cargo Bus). Normally when a power lead is plugged into the EXT #1 power socket, the power goes to the Ground Handling Bus (GHB) by a connection on the tarmac side of the #1 External power contactor (relay). i.e. this allows you to get power to the GHB without pushing the EXT PWR #1 switch. If only EXT #2 power is available and connected, power could only get to the GHB if the EXT 1 contactor was closed. The EXT contactor is only closed if power is available on EXT 1 and the EXT 1 button is pushed (and the power quality is good in terms of voltage and frequency). The setup for the APU Generators is similar.

If you can confirm that the lower lobe cargo doors are opening/closing with EXT and APU 2, then I think a ticket needs to be submitted (quoting Dan's FCOM reference and AC wiring schematics 24-00-00 (basic AC/DC layout) and 24-51-08 (AC Ground Handling). The latter diagram has a list of items on the GHB.

Hope this helps

Cheers

JHW

5 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

If you can confirm that the lower lobe cargo doors are opening/closing with EXT and APU 2, then I think a ticket needs to be submitted (quoting Dan's FCOM reference and AC wiring schematics 24-00-00 (basic AC/DC layout) and 24-51-08 (AC Ground Handling). The latter diagram has a list of items on the GHB.

Hope this helps

Cheers

JHW

Yes, it helps a lot. Thanks. I'll open a ticket.

ki9cAAb.jpg