Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Aerobask Eclipse NG released

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

fps for XP11 in general are lower for me, but two things are contributing.  My RAM is low, only 8 GB, and XP11 - as well as my other running apps, frequently uses all of it.  My gtx 970 is low on vram, also frequently used up completely.  So I just lower my autogen settings to fly the payware acft and that helps.  With the Eclipse I can get about 28 fps with ZL18/16 ortho like in the screenshot review, and maybe 23 in SoCal when I fly on Pilot Edge.

I have lowered Special Effects to Medium, and that, then gives me with this plane, 35 in the cockpit, and 45-50 outside view.  I still have World Objects at Max, and A.A, set to 4X

I actually have poor fps in socal.  I did a worst case scenario flight yesterday.  GPB500's KBUR, flew over MisterX LAX and then over GPB500's KSNA, all with ZL16 ortho with broken clouds and climbed to FL310.  My aging system struggled to get 15 fps at times.  The VC is worse by about 25%.  I went down to 4x AA as well which helped a little.  The low res paint yields approx another 15% gain.  

In short - time for a new PC lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have lowered Special Effects to Medium, and that, then gives me with this plane, 35 in the cockpit, and 45-50 outside view.  I still have World Objects at Max, and A.A, set to 4X

I'm gonna need clarification on special effects, because I cannot for the life of me, find that setting in XP11!

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I actually have poor fps in socal.  I did a worst case scenario flight yesterday.  GPB500's KBUR, flew over MisterX LAX and then over GPB500's KSNA, all with ZL16 ortho with broken clouds and climbed to FL310.  My aging system struggled to get 15 fps at times.  The VC is worse by about 25%.  I went down to 4x AA as well which helped a little.  The low res paint yields approx another 15% gain.  

In short - time for a new PC lol!

This glass cockpit is really demanding on my system as well..but my-oh-my, but do I now love this plane, inside and out!   I'll do whatever I have to do, (such as Effects set to Medium, from full HDR (blah, blah), to run it at 30 FPS in the cockpit.  I can run the freeware v2.0 of course, with the sim full out.  It is, what it is....and I am thrilled with this version of the Eclipse.  Thank you for posting about its release. I was unaware that it had been so....

4 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I'm gonna need clarification on special effects, because I cannot for the life of me, find that setting in XP11!

LOL, sorry Jimm...the Effects slider, HDR, etc...at the top left.  I had forgotten exactly what the name of the slider was...but it controls effects.  Just crank it back to Medium, if you are also 30 plus FPS challenged when within the cockpit.  It sure worked for me. That is the only setting bar I moved back from where I always (burnt in) run my XP11 settings.  I also run A.A. at 4x, whether with Effects set to full right, or now at Medium for this bird. If I am not flying this version, I set the slider back to full right, to maximum.  This works out great for me, and of course the pocket-book as well!

16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

LOL, sorry Jimm...the Effects slider, HDR, etc...at the top left.  I had forgotten exactly what the name of the slider was...but it controls effects.  Just crank it back to Medium, if you are also 30 plus FPS challenged when within the cockpit.  It sure worked for me. That is the only setting bar I moved back from where I always (burnt in) run my XP11 settings.  I also run A.A. at 4x, whether with Effects set to full right, or now at Medium for this bird. If I am not flying this version, I set the slider back to full right, to maximum.  This works out great for me, and of course the pocket-book as well!

I had a feeling that was it...no worries.  I'll give this tip a try tonight.  Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a temporary fix until LR gets the engine optimized.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

9 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I had a feeling that was it...no worries.  I'll give this tip a try tonight.  Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a temporary fix until LR gets the engine optimized.

Right now I'm set up at KMSP, that you recommended in another thread.  Yeppers...Visual Effects is the slider.  Right now at KMSP, sitting facing a gate, I am registering 22-25 FPS. Of course a ton of other add-on's xEnviro and lua scripts sucking up resources as well...  If I had this slider to full right for this cockpit, I have seen it go down to 8 FPS depending on what is being viewed out the cockpit window, clouds, etc...

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Right now I'm set up at KMSP, that you recommended in another thread.  Yeppers...Visual Effects is the slider.  Right now at KMSP, sitting facing a gate, I am registering 22-25 FPS. Of course a ton of other add-on's xEnviro and lua scripts sucking up resources as well...  If I had this slider to full right for this cockpit, I have seen it go down to 8 FPS depending on what is being viewed out the cockpit window, clouds, etc...

Have you tried out the lower res livery(ies) to see if the framerates improve?  With what you are reporting, combined with my own experiences with other aircraft, I suspect that the Eclipse's superior detailing and high-res textures are weighing down the sim.  Out of curiosity, what Lua scripts are you running?  Might I also recommend testing out the Eclipse with default weather (just humor me) to see if there are any improvements (with real world and CAVOK).I think your results would be very beneficial to all of us, knowing what works, how it works, environmental conditions, etc. :happy:

First in-flight emergency!  Left engine fire....just rotated out of KMSP, and 45 seconds into the climb....the cockpit lit up...ENGINE FIRE!

Declared an emergency, shut down the left engine...and circled back for a landing....   does somebody have the hog-dogs....for I have the BBQ....

Eclipse_NG_6.png

Eclipse_NG_7.png

Eclipse_NG_8.png

Eclipse_NG_9.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Have you tried out the lower res livery(ies) to see if the framerates improve?  With what you are reporting, combined with my own experiences with other aircraft, I suspect that the Eclipse's superior detailing and high-res textures are weighing down the sim.  Out of curiosity, what Lua scripts are you running?  Might I also recommend testing out the Eclipse with default weather (just humor me) to see if there are any improvements (with real world and CAVOK).I think your results would be very beneficial to all of us, knowing what works, how it works, environmental conditions, etc. :happy:

Sure, will right off, let you know what my .lua scripts are. The other requests, I'll get back to you on.  I do know right now, that if I run the one Low Res skin...I can pick up about 8-10 FPS.  The 4K textures can sip the FPS. At least on my system, and my system is no dog....

Post edit:  My running .lua scripts:

button_sniffer

debug_variables

gpu

haze modify

hud module test

keystroke_sniffer

shadow fix (just added back...)

transponder_helper

Despite the low frames, those screenshots look good, sans the small fire though. lol

I see my old friend the haze layer is back, and still causes problems (check out screenshot #2, with the smoke getting cut off along the horizon).  I think that is the culprit, at least for my low frames, since I use default weather.  For some reason, that confounded haze layer is causing all sorts of problems.  I reported that bug a couple of times, so all I can do is hope that it's still on LR's radar (no pun intended).

11 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Despite the low frames, those screenshots look good, sans the small fire though. lol

I see my old friend the haze layer is back, and still causes problems (check out screenshot #2, with the smoke getting cut off along the horizon).  I think that is the culprit, at least for my low frames, since I use default weather.  For some reason, that confounded haze layer is causing all sorts of problems.  I reported that bug a couple of times, so all I can do is hope that it's still on LR's radar (no pun intended).

Right...and about the fire....I was NOT expecting THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a hotdog...and a beer..."want relish?  onions are over there, and don't mind the jet 1 fuel taste...you might like it after it settles out on you"....LOL!

I LOVE THIS PLANE...and whatever the FPS situation at any time..."it is.......what, it is......".  Too much  enjoyment, to obsess upon it. Most cases in-flight, FPS are quite acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Right...and about the fire....I was NOT expecting THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a hotdog...and a beer..."want relish?  onions are over there, and don't mind the jet 1 fuel taste...you might like it after it settles out on you"....LOL!

I LOVE THIS PLANE...and whatever the FPS situation at any time..."it is.......what, it is......".  Too much  enjoyment, to obsess upon it. Most cases in-flight, FPS are quite acceptable.

Factual information is ALWAYS valued here, and based on your own experiences, will only help those who need to make informed decisions.  I appreciate you taking one for the team, hope the mechanics didn't rip you a new one.  As long as you have some Spicy Nathan's on hand, I'll be there. :biggrin:

Having a GPS flight plan problem. I have a flight plan loaded, have CDI set to GPS, and can not get the Autopilot Navigation Button to go green from yellow standby and capture the flight plan.

Disregard...didn't have GPS set in the SkyView PFD display. All is good....

25 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Having a GPS flight plan problem. I have a flight plan loaded, have CDI set to GPS, and can not get the Autopilot Navigation Button to go green from yellow standby and capture the flight plan.

Disregard...didn't have GPS set in the SkyView PFD display. All is good....

And I was just about to mention what you figured out.  There's an old saying, which I won't repeat, but I'm sure you've seen it...RTFM dude. :biggrin: