Sign in to follow this  
Pietrogramma

Fuel Quantity left tank and right tank - dataref

Hi everybody, I'm building a home cockpit for the C172 and for connect the cockpit with X-Plane 10 I would use the ArdSimx Plugin. 

Now I'm building the exact annunciator panel (and not the wrong annunciator panel's of the default's cessna C172 of X-plane10) and i'm searching the dataref for the fuel quantity of the right and left tanks for turn-on the led when the fuel is low level. I found the low fuel dataref but non for every tanks but for the general low fuel indicator.

I hope you understand my bad english.

Thanks and ciao

Datarefs are all listed in datarefs.txt in the Resources/Plugins folder.

A quick search for "fuel" brings soon up the following:

sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity

It's a floating point array [9], where each index is one tank.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

7 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

It's a floating point array [9], where each index is one tank.

thanks for your reply, I'm Italian and I do not speak English well, you can explain better this words "It's a floating point array [9], where each index is one tank.".

Thanks and bye

(Translation)

E' un vettore di 9 elementi (credo che gli indici vadano da 0 a 8) in virgola mobile, e ciascun indice corrisponde a un serbatoio specifico. Nel caso del C172, sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[0] e sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[1] dovrebbero corrispondere rispettivamente al serbatoio sinistro e destro.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Grazie Murmur, ho provato ad utilizzare i dataref 

6L 0 sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[0] 0 5
5L 0 sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[1] 0 5

ma purtroppo non vanno; se porto a zero uno dei due serbatoi nell'arduino non mi si accende il led che dovrebbe segnalare la riserva, hai qualche suggerimento?
__________ENGLISH
Thanks Murmur I tried to use these dataref:

6L 0 sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[0] 0 5
5L 0 sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity[1] 0 5

but when I set the fuel quantity of the left or rightto zero in the arduino don't turn on the led for the reserve fuel quantity, have you a suggestion for me?
Thanks and bye

If I understand correctly, you're looking for the separate datarefs controlling the "left tank low fuel" and "right tank low fuel" leds. Apparently, those datarefs does not exist, and the "L" and "R" low fuel annunciator leds in the default C172 are controlled by its specific plugin.

Pare che i dataref specifici per "riserva serbatoio sinistro" e "riserva serbatoio destro" non esistano. Probabilmente nel C172 di default, le spie "L" e "R" sono controllate da un plugin specifico del C172. Probabilmente per controllare l'accensione del led con arduino devi scrivere un plugin che crei dei dataref specifici addizionali e controlli la quantità nei due serbatoi. Puoi provare comunque a chiedere sul forum di www.x-plane.org

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Yes Murmur you has understand perfectly, I would make that you say but for me it's impossible. Yesterday I downloaded the free C172SP-WIDE PANEL PROJECT – Fuel Injected and it has the real annunciator panel with the warning for "left tank low fuel" and for "left tank low fuel" but I doesn't found the dataref. I used the dataref editor but don't found the relative dataref

Si Murmur hai perfettamente capito quelli vorrebbero essere le mie intenzioni ma, come hai detto tu, non penso sia fattibile con il C172 di default. Ieri ho scaricato un aereo free (il C172SP-WIDE PANEL PROJECT) che ha l'annunciator reale con, fra le altre cose, la spie per la riserva della tanica di destra ed una per quella di sinistra. Ho cercato con dataref editor di capire quali fossero i dataref ma non sono riuscito a cavare un ragno dal buco

I checked the C172SP-WIDE PANEL PROJECT with Plane-Maker, and indeed it uses the datarefs for fuel quantity in the left and right tank to control the low fuel "L" and "R" leds, activating each of them if the fuel quantity in the respective tank is less than 13.6 kgs.

So indeed there are no specific datarefs for "low fuel left" and "low fuel right", you have to make a plugin that checks the fuel quantity in the left and right tanks, and then uses a custom dataref to control the leds with arduino.

Try asking there:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/64-cockpit-designers/

Or there:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/23-x-plane-developers-and-plugins/

The problem of the x-plane.org forum's is that the does not make me write new posts, it is as if the addition of new post is blocked, i don't know why this happens

I think you must first write 2 posts or so in some existing threads, before you can open your own new thread. Probably for anti-spam reasons.

Credo che prima di poter aprire un nuovo thread, devi scrivere almeno 2 post in altri thread già aperti.

Finally I have resolved the problem with these dataref:
8L 0 sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel 1 0 20
9L 0 sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel 2 0 20
Now when the fuel in the tanks (left or right) goes below 40, the led connected with arduino (in the digital PIN 8 and 9) and with ArdsimX, turn on.
Tanks Murmur, and have a nice day