Sign in to follow this  
jimble

Much improved

Sorry for opening up a new thread and basically repeating myself but my previous comments are tucked onto a lengthly thread. Downloaded and installed the latest version, did a factory re set and repeated voice recognition training nad now MCE recognizes my commands with much more clarity. GSX now works fine...not so much luck with PFE can't get the VR process to work but this seems to be a work in progress. In the promotional materials for MCE, i see it says that Feel There Embrear 175 and 195 is supported but i don't see reference to it...am i just missing it?

Many thanks.

9 hours ago, jimble said:

Sorry for opening up a new thread and basically repeating myself but my previous comments are tucked onto a lengthly thread. Downloaded and installed the latest version, did a factory re set and repeated voice recognition training nad now MCE recognizes my commands with much more clarity. GSX now works fine...not so much luck with PFE can't get the VR process to work but this seems to be a work in progress. In the promotional materials for MCE, i see it says that Feel There Embrear 175 and 195 is supported but i don't see reference to it...am i just missing it?

Many thanks.

Yes it is supported.

We didn't bother to create pre-made flows for these, but you can make your own.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

Click <New> and type a custom command (anything you want it to be), which when triggered will cause the co-pilot to perform a chain of actions in the order and pace you dictate.

The new custom command will be listed

Select it and click <Edit> button.

In "Script properties" panel, tick option "Verbose" if you wish to hear everything Fo is doing or keep it unchecked for silent execution.

You can add a custom statement Fo will speak before executing the flow and After he's done with the task.

After that click <Edit Script Command>

Start adding individual commands and they will progressively be added to the flow.

Example, Click <Command> button and type "landing lights on".

No need to add pauses lower than 3 seconds

Here is a video showing how to make custom flows.

[media] 

[/media]

Look for the document ERJ 135 & 145 specific commands pdf document. Some of them apply to E 170 & 190, as well as E175 195. They're all Embraer family.

If struggling, list the commands you'd like to use and we'll check them out against built-in ones.

On 06/04/2017 at 1:59 AM, jimble said:

Many thanks.

Hello,

If you go to Avsim Library and search "David herky", you will find a selection of flows and checklists for a few different aircraft.

You can download them and either install them (if you have the aircraft, full instructions are in the files) or just copy and paste the flows into your aircraft. Then just edit out the ones you don't want.  You can import flows with the MCE GUI running in the sim, there is a specific "import" button available in the edit section, or with MCE not running, use windows copy and paste to copy them directly into your aircraft flows. All the flows are in the MCE co pilot folder in the Documents folder, so its just a simple file/folder copy routine. 

Certain flows are fairly generic, the descent/approach flows for example. Ones that pertain specifically to the aircraft can be modified.

This may give you a start with flows. The great strength of MCE, in my opinion, is in this feature. If you have access to the real world flows, or are a retired/current pilot, you can add your own flows/checklists. It's as real as you want it to be!

Cheers,

David

Please help! I upgraded to version .06 and the co-pilot cannot operate a single switch or button on the PMDG744 V3. He speaks all the flows but no switch moves. If I instruct him to switch on Nav Lights, He responds "Nav lights switched on" but nothing happens to the switch or the lights. This refers to all action requested of him. He works well on the 737 NGX and all other aircraft. only problem is 747 V3. (The 747 version is 3.00.8189 the latest according to PMDG)

help please

Seetella

Seetella Makhetha

3 hours ago, skytrain said:

Please help! I upgraded to version .06 and the co-pilot cannot operate a single switch or button on the PMDG744 V3. He speaks all the flows but no switch moves. If I instruct him to switch on Nav Lights, He responds "Nav lights switched on" but nothing happens to the switch or the lights. This refers to all action requested of him. He works well on the 737 NGX and all other aircraft. only problem is 747 V3. (The 747 version is 3.00.8189 the latest according to PMDG)

help please

Seetella

PMDG 747 V3 is interfaced via the PMDG SDK.

One requirement is to have this entry in \FSX or P3D root\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\747QOTSII_Options.ini

[SDK] 
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Running the MCE installer (InstallMCE) or the wizard takes care of editing that file automatically. Maybe options file was replaced when updating.

Suggest you uninstall MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Go back to downloaed, unzipped file and run "InstallMCE".

When Windows UAC is enabled, you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "fsx.exe and/or "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin. If using a launcher ap (SimStarter or other), the latter should also be set to run as admin.

When installation complete, reset MCE to factory settings. Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

You'll have to go through the wizard again, but you can skip over the speech training part.

Go to FSX or P3D installation folder and open <MCE dlls> folder.

Should see a dll named "mcpmd74V2.dll" version V1.0.2.4

It is through that dll that switches are read and set. If it's missing, the system would revert to using "mcgeneric.dll" which is only intended for default aircraft or non-supported ones.

Confirm FSX or P3D? and what Windows version?

Thanks. Problem resolved.

All settings were as you suggested and all files were in the right place except there was no "MCE dlls" folder at all in the P3D V3 root folder. I did a computer search and found it in the C: drive main directory and Iverified it had the "mcpmd74V2.dll" in it. I have no idea why the MCE Installer put it there on its own. I  "cut" the folder from there and pasted it in the P3D V3 root folder and all is going welll. I fully agree that this is "Much Improved". He doesn't quite follow the flow I found in the installed paper tutorials but he does everything right.

Thanks agin for the help

Seetella

Seetella Makhetha

1 hour ago, skytrain said:

Thanks. Problem resolved.

All settings were as you suggested and all files were in the right place except there was no "MCE dlls" folder at all in the P3D V3 root folder. I did a computer search and found it in the C: drive main directory and Iverified it had the "mcpmd74V2.dll" in it. I have no idea why the MCE Installer put it there on its own. I  "cut" the folder from there and pasted it in the P3D V3 root folder and all is going welll. I fully agree that this is "Much Improved". He doesn't quite follow the flow I found in the installed paper tutorials but he does everything right.

Thanks agin for the help

Seetella

Good to hear you're up and running with the Queen.

Thanks for feedback. 

You can actually modify the flows to match PMDG tutorials or any real world or virtual airline.

For instance, by default, FO handles all overhead panel buttons.

Of course, this isn't realistic.

But if you go through the flow, just remove any action that your airline deems must be handled by Captain. Just select item and click <Remove>

You'll then have the ad-hoc flow for your airline. No arguing about who does what. You can also trigger those flows using custom speech commands. Just alter the name of the flow.

To modify a flow, proceed as follows...

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript>.

You'll see a number of pre-made flows for the currently loaded aircraft.

You'll notice two similar flows, one ending with "flow" and the other with "procedure".

Since the flow's name is the actual trigger sentence, this is done so that you can trigger the flow by either sentence.

Select one of them and click <Edit>

In "script properties" window, should you want FO to execute it silently, just untick option "verbose".

Again this is often misunderstood. We ship flows in verbose state mainly so you can follow what FO is doing (since he has no physical presence).

Of course you don't have to put up with all that talk. Switch option "verbose" OFF for a flow and it will be executed silently. Up to you.

Click <Edit script commands> and you should see a list of commands FO would be executing when the flow is triggered.

Go through it and remove any action you deem unnecessary or something captain is expected to handle. Re-order items if you wish and even add more if necessary. Just don't forget to click <Save> after altering the flow.

These flows are tied to the 747 variant that is currently loaded. When you load a different one, you'd get the default (unaltered) flows.

Suggest you customize all the flows for a specific variant, then if you want the new flows to apply to all 747 family, proceed as follows..

Let's assume you edited flows for the 747-400

Go to \My documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\PMDG 747-400\ folder

Select all altered flows and copy them

Then go to the other variants folders 747-400F, BCF etc...) and paste the copied flows there.

FO is trained to handle almost any button that matters directly.

With this in mind, you could even create custom commands for new flows that would handle emergency procedures.

A script (or flow) is really just a sequence of English commands you would otherwise give individually).

It goes like this.  When I speak whatever_custom_sentence_I_want, you co-pilot do this.....

Put switch S1 to this state

Wait X seconds

Put switch S2 to this state

etc...

Notify me when done.

This is a co-pilot that learns, the closest you can get to "shared cockpit", without the downside of having to find someone willing to spend 8 to 10 hours on a long range flight, playing the less exciting part, while you play the captain.:tongue:

You can count on him anytime.

And yes, my reply was verbose :laugh:

Wow! already done one and it works. This is very exciting.:biggrin:. Will customise it over next few days.

Thanks

Seetella

Seetella Makhetha