Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Mce freeze...

Hi Gerald,

I think it's better to open a new topic because it's seems my post was ignored in the middle of other posts not all related to my problem. There : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/506807-two-issues-with-pf3/

Feel free to delete it if you think I'm wrong.

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs running like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

Edit : Just to add...It seems Mce freezing only with PF3. I made some flights with VoxAtc without freeze at all. With Pf3 it was every time.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi Gerald,

I think it's better to open a new topic because it's seems my post was ignored in the middle of other posts not all related to my problem. There : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/506807-two-issues-with-pf3/

Feel free to delete it if you think I'm wrong.

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs running like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

Edit : Just to add...It seems Mce freezing only with PF3. I made some flights with VoxAtc without freeze at all. With Pf3 it was every time.

Might be to do with DELETE key. It shouldn't be used with PF3 because when MCE sees it down, it always assumes you're transmitting to ATC and starts disabling some speech engine contexts, and enabling ATC and other bits.

Normally, MCE edits "pf3.ini" so that option doesn't remain ticked.

There is no need to "suspend PF3".

And users shouldn't program a joystick button to emulate DEL key via FSUIPC. 

Another key you need to be aware of is the <END> key. Make sure nothing is emulated in FSUIPC to trigger it, because it acts as a "suspend all MCE reco" when talking to Vatsim fellow pilots or other online ATC.

Definitely nothing major broken in latest build. If one thing, flows should execute slightly faster, and TTS voices (for those who don't like recorded ones) are better handled in V2.6.0.7

Hi Gerald

Can I just add that until recently I had been using PF3 via Voxkey commands. When both MCE and PF3 were updated I wanted to try the new features, on my first flight MCE froze once, I thought it was just a one off thing, but in the last two flights it has frozen a minimum of once, and anything up to three times.

I have just looked at my hot keys, the only ones I have changed are the "Roger" Key which is now set to Ctrl+shft+\, and the only other is the PTT key which is set to the INS key. I have also just checked FSUIPC and the only key binding I have is my yoke PTT which goes to the INS key.

But I can confirm that I am having the freezing issue as well.

Rob

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

I don't understand. Why is the game hotkey, which in my opinion makes perfect sense, usually disabled by MCE? And why can't I "map" a joystick button to those keys?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

19 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I don't understand. Why is the game hotkey, which in my opinion makes perfect sense, usually disabled by MCE? And why can't I "map" a joystick button to those keys?

That key in PF3 used to be ESC which had no incidence. It was changed to DEL key more than a year ago (maybe even earlier).

MCE implements a very realistic PTT in the sense that ATC speech commands are only available when PTT switch is held down.

And when it's the case, all commands for FO and others (like Voxkey commands) are disabled until PTT is UP.

The DEL key is picked up by fsInsider.dll running inside the sim which then tells MCE about it.

If you emulate it via joystick, MCE would be getting 2 notifications of DEL key down in a row.

MCE does monitor joystick button directly via DirectX (Direct Input).

33 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Hi Gerald

the only other is the PTT key which is set to the INS key. I have also just checked FSUIPC and the only key binding I have is my yoke PTT which goes to the INS key.

But I can confirm that I am having the freezing issue as well.

Rob

Not sure what the INS key which also triggers the PTT is intended for. But you might be having multiple un-intended requests to MCE to process PTT down message which means perform critical stuff with speech engine.

Only emulate PTT via FSUIPC when using a joystick that somehow MCE fails to see.

HI Gerald,

With the new update of PF3 you now have the option to switch between voice operation and the standard key press operation on the fly. No more having to exit PF3 and remove the pilot voice so you can just hear your own.

To achieve this you have to map a key press to the PTT key, when PF3 sees this key press it then suspends the AI Pilot voice and you do all the talking. but if you don't want to talk you can just hit the relevant button that PF3 is expected to see and the standard PF3 voice does all the talking.

I am most likely not making this very clear, but if I don't map a key press, I ask for clearance and then the AI Pilot asks again.

Rob

6 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

HI Gerald,

With the new update of PF3 you now have the option to switch between voice operation and the standard key press operation on the fly. No more having to exit PF3 and remove the pilot voice so you can just hear your own.

To achieve this you have to map a key press to the PTT key, when PF3 sees this key press it then suspends the AI Pilot voice and you do all the talking. but if you don't want to talk you can just hit the relevant button that PF3 is expected to see and the standard PF3 voice does all the talking.

I am most likely not making this very clear, but if I don't map a key press, I ask for clearance and then the AI Pilot asks again.

Rob

Ah, I Get it.

Always assumed that if one is using VR, setting copilot mode to 0 would be the preferred option.

OK, in that case try this...

Go to \Flight Simulator X\ folder and open "fsInsider.ini".

You can change the default DEL key in MCE to something else.

AtcPTT=46

46 is the ASCII value for DEL key.

For instance, could change it to CTRL (left or right) by setting

AtcPTT=17

For other keys, look up this table.

http://www.asciitable.com/

fsInsider.dll won't handle key combinations though. It has to be a single key.

This way, MCE won't see the DEL key you send to PF3 and will only do the critical stuff with speech engine when CTRL key (in this case) is held down

I will give that a try Gerald :)

im sorry for my poor explanation of the new function, I just looked at PF3 and they call it auto mute. It's all frying my brain at the moment.

i will shut up and let the thread get back to the freezing issue it was opened for.

Rob

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Might be to do with DELETE key. It shouldn't be used with PF3 because when MCE sees it down, it always assumes you're transmitting to ATC and starts disabling some speech engine contexts, and enabling ATC and other bits.

Another key you need to be aware of is the <END> key. Make sure nothing is emulated in FSUIPC to trigger it, because it acts as a "suspend all MCE reco" when talking to Vatsim fellow pilots or other online ATC.

Definitely nothing major broken in latest build. If one thing, flows should execute slightly faster, and TTS voices (for those who don't like recorded ones) are better handled in V2.6.0.7

Thank you Gerald, I was aware about DEL key via FSUIPC but not about the END key ! So, it seems the problem was here !

All seems work now...

1-I added the KeepPF3suspendKey=1 in the Mce.ini under [ATC]

2-My joystick button assigned in Mce (Simconnect)

3-In PF3 changed the END key by the HOME key or any keys excepted DEL and END

4-In FSUIPC : HOME key (the same like in PF3) assigned with my Joystick button (assigned with Mce)

5-Just in case, DEL key unticked in Mce...?

No more freeze at this time ! Hope that does the trick...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

31 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

I

i will shut up and let the thread get back to the freezing issue it was opened for.

Rob

Hi Rob,

No problem...:smile:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

Okay, since I still don't fully understand the problem, I'll just describe my configuration for you, and you tell me what's wrong:

a) In PF3, the game key is set to Ctrl+Shft+G, and the pause is 5 or 6 seconds. In MCE, I have set KeepPF3suspendKey=1, and PTT is via Del-key and button 1 of my yoke. And I let FSUIPC press Ctrl+Shft+G briefly when yoke button 1 is used. Is anything wrong with this?

b) Additionally, I now have a second joystick for flying with Airbuses (haven't used it yet, the freezing problems all occurred with the scenario described in a). As MCE can only have one joystick button set (I'm assuming), I let FSUIPC press Ctrl+Shft+G briefly, and press and hold Del, when I push the stick's trigger button. Is this okay?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

18 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Okay, since I still don't fully understand the problem, I'll just describe my configuration for you, and you tell me what's wrong:

a) In PF3, the game key is set to Ctrl+Shft+G, and the pause is 5 or 6 seconds. In MCE, I have set KeepPF3suspendKey=1, and PTT is via Del-key and button 1 of my yoke. And I let FSUIPC press Ctrl+Shft+G briefly when yoke button 1 is used. Is anything wrong with this?

b) Additionally, I now have a second joystick for flying with Airbuses (haven't used it yet, the freezing problems all occurred with the scenario described in a). As MCE can only have one joystick button set (I'm assuming), I let FSUIPC press Ctrl+Shft+G briefly, and press and hold Del, when I push the stick's trigger button. Is this okay?

Really can't say for sure. But if there is sufficient delay (something like 200 milliseconds or maybe less) between when fsInsider sees the key combo triggered by FSUIPC (which it should ignore) and when the DEL key down is seen, should be OK.

A good hint is to hold PTT down and expect to hear the background humming sound indicating MCE has switched to ATC mode and the same noise stopping when PTT is UP and MCE back to FO interaction mode.

If the noise gets stuck for long periods after releasing PTT or things like that, it means it's not operating smoothly.

37 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Sorry I am confused!  You said ASCII for DEL is 46.

Looking at that link you sent (http://www.asciitable.com/) DEL is listed as 127  or 7F or 177.

Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Rob

Hi Gerald could you just clarify the ASCII code please. Code 46 looks like ( . )

I posted this earlier :)

cheers Rob