Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Mce freeze...

11 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Hi Gerald could you just clarify the ASCII code please. Code 46 looks like ( . )

I posted this earlier :)

cheers Rob

My bad on this one.

After cross-checking, that entry in fsInsider.ini isn't used right now. Changing it wouldn't make a difference.

You can only modify the VatsimKey by referring to the table. MCE will listen to <END> key + any custom key that was added there. And this may not work on non-English keyboards.

The DEL key is defined as a virtual key (this guarantees it works across all keyboards set to any world language)

#define VK_DELETE         0x2E (46 in decimal)

The trouble with letting user change that is that apart from US (and maybe UK) users, you cannot guarantee that the key maps to the expected value.

We could eventually add an extra trigger key for ATC PTT, but fsInsider.dll will still be listening to the DEL, therefore it defeats the purpose.

Okay thanks for clearing that up, I'll carry on as I am for now. If I still get some freezing of MCE then I'll just revert back to using my voxkey approach.

Thanks Gerald  :)

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

Really can't say for sure. But if there is sufficient delay (something like 200 milliseconds or maybe less) between when fsInsider sees the key combo triggered by FSUIPC (which it should ignore) and when the DEL key down is seen, should be OK.

A good hint is to hold PTT down and expect to hear the background humming sound indicating MCE has switched to ATC mode and the same noise stopping when PTT is UP and MCE back to FO interaction mode.

If the noise gets stuck for long periods after releasing PTT or things like that, it means it's not operating smoothly.

Okay, thanks. Don't know about the delay, but according to the sound, MCE is accepting the input as it should. Haven't tested PF3 yet, though, to see if the game key is received.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

Edited by d.tsakiris
Double post

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Okay, so last flight I encountered those two errors again: MCE froze once on a 1,5 h flight, and it contacted departure for me...

Best regards, Dimitrios

17 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Okay, so last flight I encountered those two errors again: MCE froze once on a 1,5 h flight, and it contacted departure for me...

As suggested in other thread, if making use of the DEL key in PF3, advice is to disable "Use DEL key" in MCE UI and only rely on joystick to detect PTT down.

21 hours ago, FS++ said:

As suggested in other thread, if making use of the DEL key in PF3, advice is to disable "Use DEL key" in MCE UI and only rely on joystick to detect PTT down.

Roger, but I don't use the Del key in PF3.

Best regards, Dimitrios

Another flight, another freeze :( Happened while at the holding point, asking for departure clearance. No reaction from PF3, so I wanted to repeat my request, but then no background noise. MCE was still responsive, but when I unticked the only selected feature "Talk to ATC controllers", the window title changed to "Please wait while getting data for current aircraft!" and that's when it froze. Killed and restarted MCE and completed the (very short) flight.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Another flight, another freeze :( Happened while at the holding point, asking for departure clearance. No reaction from PF3, so I wanted to repeat my request, but then no background noise. MCE was still responsive, but when I unticked the only selected feature "Talk to ATC controllers", the window title changed to "Please wait while getting data for current aircraft!" and that's when it froze. Killed and restarted MCE and completed the (very short) flight.

Ah OK, you didn't mention you only had "ATC feature" enabled. A much less tested scenario.

Maybe something happening then that doesn't happen with the typical setup . Will need to have it investigated.

Two freeze-ups in my last flight. DIfferent situations, but same sequence as before. Anything I can do to locate the problem?

Best regards, Dimitrios

12 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Two freeze-ups in my last flight. DIfferent situations, but same sequence as before. Anything I can do to locate the problem?

For now, try using MCE in its default settings (Eventually restore to factory settings).

On 4/15/2017 at 0:45 PM, FS++ said:

For now, try using MCE in its default settings (Eventually restore to factory settings).

At the moment I'm flying tubeliners with a FO, and no freezes are occurring, but as soon as I get back to flying props, I wil give that a go.

Best regards, Dimitrios