Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

Windows 10 Creators Update

I have good news to report.  It seems that the VAS issues that were with the 1080TI cards is resolved with the latest driver...I have let my PMDG 738 sit on the tarmac at KSFO Flight Beam, Orbx NA LC, Orbx Global and Orbx Vector for 5 hours have lost less than 100KB of VAS.   By the way this is a great video card lets me push the limit on all Graphic Related settings, I am very careful if it is a setting that is both CPU and Graphic intensive

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, jt8d9a said:

Not on my system. XP 10 and 11 are running fine on my system. At which airport and with which plane do you see stutters?

I just made a small video of KSLC and as you can see there are no stutters 

Off Topic: I never tried Xplane after simming since 1986. The traffic and the airport in your video, is that typical of X plane? Is there plenty of freeware available like with MSFS? If so I may have to give it a whirl.

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Camsdad13 said:

Off Topic: I never tried Xplane after simming since 1986. The traffic and the airport in your video, is that typical of X plane? Is there plenty of freeware available like with MSFS? If so I may have to give it a whirl.

Thanks 

Yet another thread turning X-Plane vs. FSX?

I'd suggest asking at the X-Plane fora where you will find plenty of people emphatically suggesting it to you. And, btw, there has been an outstanding SLC + environment for FSX/P3D available by Pacific Sim since a few weeks.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Camsdad13 said:

Thanks 

There are plenty of high quality sceneries and aircraft. Just check http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/ and you will find tons of add-ons for free. There are also plenty of websites where you can also find high quality add-ons e.g. http://xpfr.org/ or http://www.eadt.eu/.

Updated again from Windows 7 - I downloaded within the trial period so it was free for me.

Very happy, and less stuttering than Windows 7 - I did an update, rather than a clean install, as I wanted to have the option to revert to Windows 7 if it all went pear-shaped. So far, so good.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

On 4/6/2017 at 4:09 AM, markmasterson said:

If you are like me you are always trying to live on the bleeding edge

I am downloading to my test machine and see what changes will potentially impact my system.  

Right...... :biggrin:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Can't start either FSX steam edition or FSX dvd version.  Anyone else?

• Upvote 1

FSX started fine for me. 

From what I was reading, for the most part you might see a slight improvement, but you're more likely to see fewer times of lower FPS than before.  Since I haven't had those problems in FSX (admittedly, I don't have a whole lot of add ons), I'm wanting to see what it does to Condor.  With that, I noticed a drop on a fairly routine basis (about every 3 or 4 minutes on large sceneries, CPU 0 would drop from 100% to about 90% utilization, along with screen freezes, like something took over the CPU).

Short update:  I did not experience any momentary freezes using game mode last night that I would have gotten otherwise.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, jt8d9a said:

There are plenty of high quality sceneries and aircraft. Just check http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/ and you will find tons of add-ons for free. There are also plenty of websites where you can also find high quality add-ons e.g. http://xpfr.org/ or http://www.eadt.eu/.

Thanks for the guidance jt8d9a

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, pmb said:

Yet another thread turning X-Plane vs. FSX?

I'd suggest asking at the X-Plane fora where you will find plenty of people emphatically suggesting it to you. And, btw, there has been an outstanding SLC + environment for FSX/P3D available by Pacific Sim since a few weeks.

Kind regards, Michael

It's not  "vs." thread. I enjoy aviation. Any Aviation is good. Seen the posted video, asked a question? That's all it was.  Thank too for the add on guidance for fsx/p3d

Saitek Yoke with its serial Throttle Quadrant and additional Saitek USB Throttle Quadrant both stopped working.

They appear with "!" yellow signal inside device management window and are not recognized by device controls in control panel.

Unable to update/restore/reinstall the correct drivers, even via device management or via up-to-date saitek installers.

I would appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

On 4/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, james008 said:

Saitek Yoke with its serial Throttle Quadrant and additional Saitek USB Throttle Quadrant both stopped working.

They appear with "!" yellow signal inside device management window and are not recognized by device controls in control panel.

Unable to update/restore/reinstall the correct drivers, even via device management or via up-to-date saitek installers.

I would appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

I ran the creator update and did not have an issue.

Try right clicking on the devices and uninstall. then unplug from computer, reboot, and run the latest saitek driver installers and it asks you to plug it in to finish the install.

after the creators update i have some problems with my fsx box and my payware add-ons

pmdg: must input activation keys

milviz huey: no link with mvams and i cannot use keys so my huey is total loss

creator is a disasster for fsx

• Upvote 1

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A