Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

Windows 10 Creators Update

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:55 AM, kpan said:

Can't start either FSX steam edition or FSX dvd version.  Anyone else?

Same here. Failure to start FSX Steam following update today.:angry::blink:

Boxed version does start. You may need to fire it more than once as it occasionally stalls now.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

Same here. Failure to start FSX Steam following update today.:angry::blink:

Boxed version does start. You may need to fire it more than once as it occasionally stalls now.

I'm updating everyone so you don't have to go through the pain.

After moving to "Windows 10 Creators Edition" on exact same machine, Steam would start normally.

But when you start FSX, it launches briefly, then terminates without any error.

Decided to re-install Steam Client. And boy, that was a mistake. Ended up losing both FSX and X-Plane installations, including ALL add-ons.

Re-installed Steam Client and then there was this clue which could explain it.

Upon starting Steam, it somehow detected the machine was different and needed e-mail confirmation before authorizing it.

Once done, was able to re-install and run FSX.

My system installed the Creators Update today and it was pretty painless! Everything I've tried so far works normally including FSX:SE. No freezes or VAS issues, all of my add-ons work and and I even seem to have gained some FPS (not that I'm counting). The only criticism I have is that the OS privacy settings appear to be a little more difficult to locate but I think I've found them all. It didn't reset my default programs but it did rearrange my desktop icons. So far the update looks good.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

18 hours ago, Jimm said:

What they fail to mention is M$ updated the Manual install routine. It now works the same as the Auto Install. I just tested, but have rolled back until I need to do a clean install. Not all that fussed about the CU.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 19/04/2017 at 2:32 AM, 777200lrf said:

I ran the creator update and did not have an issue.

Try right clicking on the devices and uninstall. then unplug from computer, reboot, and run the latest saitek driver installers and it asks you to plug it in to finish the install.

Am having the same issues with Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and additional Saitek USB Throttle Quadrant not working, did the above work?

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

23 minutes ago, u719826 said:

Am having the same issues with Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and additional Saitek USB Throttle Quadrant not working, did the above work?

I installed the latest saitek drivers before the update, and I do not have issues.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

I installed the latest saitek drivers before the update, and I do not have issues.

Not sure about the yoke/throttle combo but you definitely don't need the Saitek drivers to use the USB throttle quadrant with Windows 10 (including the Creators Update). Try uninstalling the drivers and see if you still have the problem.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Installed the update.  FSX:SE will not launch.  Tries to start for about 2-3 seconds then terminates without error.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm sadly one of the less fortunate on this update.

Apearently some folks run perfectly fine, others (like me) experience massive laggs. I think my PC spec is not that outdated and have no clue what was wrong. I first did the standard update process and had 8 FPS at a stock small ARPT on the runway (I was getting 40+ there). I then did a clean install reformating also my System SSD. Installed addon after addon (FSX:SE, UTX, GEX, REX Ess w/OD, ChasePlane, As16, AS A320-321 -> at this point the sim was unflyable with only 8 FPS again).

I finaly reverted to latest Anniversary 1607 build and I'm again up and running with more AddOns added (GSX, UT Live, AS EDDM, ORBX Trees HD,...).

Now please don't get me wrong: this happened on my rig and I share here my experience. I will not update unless I'm forced to. Even MS warns/advises not to "push" the update.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

15 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Installed the update.  FSX:SE will not launch.  Tries to start for about 2-3 seconds then terminates without error.

Are you using any graphics enhancement like ENB Series? If so, try uninstalling it - this seemed to resolve the problem for someone on another forum after he installed the Creators Update.

I did not accept the update, but this morning I got whacked with it. By that I mean the download was complete and I figured they had solved the problems earlier. Not so. Bad move on my part to allow the update.

Lost my 1tb D: drive, changed my logon screen, lost my email manager (replaced with Microsoft mail), unable to change drive assignments at the boot level, and probably some other problems I'm not aware of. I couldn't run any sims as they are on my D: drive. Spent too long on trying to correct what they had screwed up.

Fortunately, Microsoft had a little foresight in enabling you to roll back the update. I went back to 1670 which has been fine for me all along. Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time this morning, M$.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

16 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I did not accept the update, but this morning I got whacked with it. By that I mean the download was complete and I figured they had solved the problems earlier. Not so. Bad move on my part to allow the update.

Lost my 1tb D: drive, changed my logon screen, lost my email manager (replaced with Microsoft mail), unable to change drive assignments at the boot level, and probably some other problems I'm not aware of. I couldn't run any sims as they are on my D: drive. Spent too long on trying to correct what they had screwed up.

Fortunately, Microsoft had a little foresight in enabling you to roll back the update. I went back to 1670 which has been fine for me all along. Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time this morning, M$.

I feel your pain. I rolled back as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:28 AM, u719826 said:

I tried the windows rollback that deleted all my apps and settings feature to do a clean install of p3dv4, not tried it ever, and I had trouble installing the saitek throttle. the drivers refused to install and device manager had an error prompt. Got sick of it and created a usb 10 install (media creation tool) and did a full wipe and install, then got the saitek drivers, ran the installer and plugged in when prompted and all my saitek stuff installed fine. Must have been an old driver buried in there that you also had a problem using.