Sign in to follow this  
jrsantos

VAS issue when Paused

I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything, so I'll ask here.

in my PMDG 777 or 747, while the sim is running not paused my VAS is steady, with maybe a slight increase loading some terrain.  But if I set the pause at TOD, after a while my VAS will get to 96% and sometimes will OOM on me and CTD.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  How can VAS increase when the sim is paused and not loading anything?

Nvidia GTX 10XX user? If so, welcome to the club!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/507342-which-nividia-driver-has-no-memory-leak/

Happy flying,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Yep, try to downgrade your Nvidia drivers to 376.33 or earlier and/or downgrade P3D to 3.3.5 or even better 3.2 and I think your VAS issue will be gone.

Richard Åsberg

I did downgrade my driver to 372.90 which is a version I never had an issue with.  I also blocked any auto updates of the driver from Win 10 in the group edit config, so i know the drivers aren't auto updating.  It is frustrating that when it's not paused my VAS doesnt creep up, it stays steady, maybe goes up 300-400 MB for a 5-8 hour flight, but when its paused for an hour it OOMs on me.  I just don't get it.

Probably not much of a comfort but you're certainly not the only one in here fighting VAS issues...

Let's hope we'll all have a permanent solution in a not too distant future!

Richard Åsberg

There is a patch for both FSX and P3D you can apply, which completely resolves VAS issues, it's called Flight Simulator 95 lol.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

25 minutes ago, tooting said:

Are you using fsrealtime? 

Is that a VAS eater Pete ? Been using it for a few years now. If it is, i will give it the elbow.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Is that a VAS eater Pete ? Been using it for a few years now. If it is, i will give it the elbow.

Me and 2 mates have found it can be more in the Summer when it's ➕ 1 zulu time.  It took a while to suss it out but on my rig in the Summer it sinks vas.  Who knows why

14ppkc-6.png

Yeah, weird. Will check it out. I will compare using both hemisphere's.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I got fed up with all these issues of lag and oom. I have invested hundreds of dollars in aircrafts, sceneries  and utilities both in FSX and P3D. So now I have switch to X-plane 11 and I do not regret it . The graphics are better out of the box and I have no issues. Until P3d or FSX come with a 64bit I am not going back.

Edited by michelh

I agree. What's the point of all the addon goodness in P3d, if one is constantly worrying  about a surreptitious OOM? It's like driving an unreliable, old car to get to an important appointment.

My suggestion for anyone with VAS issues that you haven't been able to solve using other methods is to downgrade to (or even better perform a clean installation) of P3Dv3.2.3.16769.

If that won't solve your VAS issues you're running unrealistically high settings either in P3D or some of your add-ons.

Richard Åsberg

I am running FSRealTime, but I don't have it set to autoupdate.  You still think that could be doing something?  Also, I never had this problem until about a month ago, and I paused the sim a lot before then.  But yea, it's whatever, i have autosave going so I just lose a few minutes to reload the sim.  Hopefully that 64 bit p3d is right around the corner but who knows