Sign in to follow this  
bjwoody61

Say It read backs

I find it really peculiar that ATC will not understand Say It sometimes when doing Requests or Reports and Copilot doing read backs

The Copilot goes through the same recognition engine as the pilot.  The lack of recognition usually happens when Names or Identifiers are part of the phrase or if numbers are part of the phrase and they are "numeric" like "2" instead of alpha like "two". 

Keep an eye out for this and most of the time if you read the same phrase it will be understood. 

Dave

Dave, did you change anything here with the latest release. I just tried a flight from KBOS to Toronto from the same KBOS gate and departure runway that worked flawlessly before in previous P2ATC releases. This time ATC could not understand the taxi instruction read backs from the co-pilot. It just got stuck repeating them over and over again.

I'm going t try the flight again tonight to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Here is the section of the log that shows the problem.

InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~ Pushback approved  United Six Six Two Six
 04/09/2017 09:34:54
Recognized Speech: Pushback Approved United Six Six Two Six 09:34
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:34:58
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: United Six Six Two Six ready to taxi 04/09/2017 09:36:32
Recognized Speech: United Six Six Two Six Ready to Taxi 09:36
HandleTaxiRequest 09:36:35
State Changed to: TaxiOut 09:36
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:36:35
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase 04/09/2017 09:36:35
ATC Speak:  United Six Six Two Six Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left09:36:36
Sug Resp:  ~ Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left09:36:36
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:36:50
UnInterruptAudio in OnSynthSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:36:50
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~ Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left United Six Six Two Six
 04/09/2017 09:36:50
Recognized Speech: Taxi to Runway Three Three Left via Taxiways Alpha Charlie Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left and Runway Zero Four Right and Runway Two Seven and Runway Three Three Left United Six Six Two Six 09:37
HandleTaxiRequest 09:37:09
AssignedRunway: RW33L - 
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:37:13
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase 04/09/2017 09:37:14
ATC Speak:  United Six Six Two Six Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left09:37:15
Sug Resp:  ~ Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left09:37:15
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:37:29
UnInterruptAudio in OnSynthSpeakCompleted 04/09/2017 09:37:29
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~ Taxi to Runway Three Three Left Via taxiways Alpha, Charlie,  Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left, and Runway Zero Four Right, and Runway Two Seven, and Runway Three Three Left United Six Six Two Six
 04/09/2017 09:37:29
Recognized Speech: Taxi to Runway Three Three Left via Taxiways Alpha Charlie Hold Short Runway Zero Four Left and Runway Zero Four Right and Runway Two Seven and Runway Three Three Left United Six Six Two Six 09:37

[Edit] Removed redundant entries to save space.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
Removed redundant entries to save space.

Mark,

For some reason it's interpreting the Taxi Readback as a new Taxi Request.

Please let me know what gate you were taxiing from so I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Mark.

I was able to reproduce the problem and adjusted the Grammar so it will be fixed in the next update.

Dave