Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Asus Rampage V Etreme Q code 00 no boot into BIOS

Hi folks,

today i faced a serious problem with my PC. After a restart of Win7 the PC didnt boot up at all. It does not even boot into the BIOS of the mobo. I have the Q code 00. I looked up google and found a few entries but no real solution. Maybe here is someone who faced this error and have some ideas.

Thanks in advance...

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Try to restart with the cd that comes with the mobo in the cdrom, It works for me.

Not good, Had it on a 5820k dead cpu. same MoBo as you.

try to reset bios if that not work, take out cpu reseat it can work if your lucky.

the pc worked perfect shut it down as normal , next start code 00 the cpu was dead.

Hope you ar more lucky than me

Code 00 isn't usually used. Check all cables are secure. Test the PSU, either with a PSU tester or the shorting method or test meter. If you have a spare PSU you could try that.

Might not be the PSU, such things can have many causes.

Hi guys,

many thanks for your suggestions. I think it might be the CPU. Read a few threads where a 5820k, like my CPU i have a 5820k as well,  died and the mobo returned with Q 00. 

I checked the wiring but i didnt built the rig myself. I bought it all built up. I guess im gonna go for a new CPU but i will check first a boot up without CPU just to check.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Have you tried  removing the motherboard battery and replacing this reset`s bios to default settings.

Ray Fry.

PS. on asus board's I've used there was a beep code on start if so the manual will tell you what they are.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

18 hours ago, rjfry said:

Have you tried  removing the motherboard battery and replacing this reset`s bios to default settings.

Ray Fry.

PS. on asus board's I've used there was a beep code on start if so the manual will tell you what they are.

Start here.  If that doesn't work, try reseating the RAM (i.e. taking out all the RAM, then putting it all back in).  If that doesn't work, start removing your RAM modules one at a time until you're down to only one remaining.  If it still doesn't work then you likely have a faulty CPU or motherboard.  Code 00 says CPU, but CPUs almost never fail unless you're doing extreme overclocking and overvolting.  

Hi there,

ok here is what i did and where i am now. I removed the CPU, still Q00 and a red  QLed CPU. Removed all RAM still same. Switched off the GPU no luck. I guess it will be the MB. As i recal i got a warning during a boot up right before the 00 came. It said CPU overvoltage but i disregard tge error as it could not be. I never went over a max CPU allowable voltage. When i restarted then Q00 came up. 

Thanks everyone for your support. 

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg