Sign in to follow this  
Doug Pelton

PMDG: Thrrottle fails after C&D startup

Never had this problem before. Now, I pushback, start engines (Bleed on...Packs off).Move throttle forward(tHRUSTMASTER) but engines won't spool. Calibrate Thrttle. but same problem.  

Using manual for startup. 

Doug

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with my Thrustmaster controls.  Always suspect something in your configuration, as you have done by checking calibration.  You didn't mention if the calibration was in FSX/P3D or in FSUIPC.  Don't assign axis in FSUIPC per introduction document. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, for responding, Dan. No, not using FSUIPC to calibrate. I load a saved flight and the throttle is working.

I know it's some very small thing!

Doug

Maybe you C&D setup has become corrupt somehow. Start with the default setup and shut the plane down to cold and dark then save that panel state. Restart and use your new C&D panel state and see if the throttles work.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 7:50 AM, Ralgh said:

Maybe you C&D setup has become corrupt somehow. Start with the default setup and shut the plane down to cold and dark then save that panel state. Restart and use your new C&D panel state and see if the throttles work.

The throttles do work in other Saved flights. I brought up a Tutorial flight at Pushback (engines running) and it works. But when I shut down the engines and restart(following the manual steps) the configuration doesn't 'take'. Engines spool up and take the fuel, but when I advance the throttle....nada.  Doug

11 hours ago, Doug Pelton said:

The throttles do work in other Saved flights. I brought up a Tutorial flight at Pushback (engines running) and it works. But when I shut down the engines and restart(following the manual steps) the configuration doesn't 'take'. Engines spool up and take the fuel, but when I advance the throttle....nada.  Doug

Sounds a lot like an FSUIPC issue. I know you said you don't use it to calibrate, but try dragging your FSUIPC.ini out of the <sim root>\modules folder (into the root sim folder, for example) temporarily. If the issue goes away, delete the .ini file. If it doesn't go away, you can put it back in that folder.

Kyle Rodgers

Removed the FSUIPC.ini residing in FSX Module folder and placed in the Manual folder(to find easily:))  Still, no throlltle after spooling up.N1 at 20.5 and N2 at 59.  Doug

1 hour ago, Doug Pelton said:

Removed the FSUIPC.ini residing in FSX Module folder and placed in the Manual folder(to find easily:))  Still, no throlltle after spooling up.N1 at 20.5 and N2 at 59.  Doug

Returned FSUIPC.ini file to Mod folder. Now, after trying yet another engine-off Saved file, it works. Spool up....throttle advances and the beast moves!!  

But I need to go back to the saved flight that was not advancing engines to see what happens.  Thanks for help.  Doug

Edited by Doug Pelton
more info needed

On 4/18/2017 at 0:57 PM, Doug Pelton said:

Returned FSUIPC.ini file to Mod folder. Now, after trying yet another engine-off Saved file, it works. Spool up....throttle advances and the beast moves!! Doug

Solved. It was not in the FSUIPC config, but I was loading PMDG Saved Panel every time---it had some misconfig in it's Overhead panel reset. So, until I sleuth that one out, I'm just entering the FSX saved Route and engines/throttle activate.  Thanks All!